Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

Killer Networks Service not running

pelikan
Beginner

I cannot use Killer Intelligence Center: "Service Not Running"

- Intel Killer AX1675 (AX210, PCIe), aftermarket

- KillerPerformanceSuite_35.23.826_Win10-11_x64

- Killer Intelligence Center from Windows Store

- Windows 11 Pro 23H2, fresh install

- Core Isolation, Memory Integrity: On

- AM5 Plattform

Order of Installation:

1. KPS

2. KIC

3. Bluetooth driver

In services.msc:

- Killer Network Service, Startup type: automatic

In Task Manager, Startup apps:

- Killer Intelligence Center: enabled

Now, I can start the Killer Network Service manually in services.msc and the Killer Network Center works for 5s until the service gets disabled again automatically.

I followed the steps  in [1] and reinstalled the driver and KIC, but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

BTW: Most if not all "Related Topics"  links  in Killer support articles are dead.

[0] Updating the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite In Microsoft Store*  - all dead

[1] How to Perform a Clean Installation to Solve Most Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite Issues  - all dead

[2] How to Stop Intel® Killer™ Control Center updates from the Microsoft Store*  - all dead

I get redirected to support main page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

0 Kudos
26 Replies
pelikan
Beginner

Some Event Log entries after reinstalling the driver and KIC:

System Information:

The description for Event ID 7027 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\NDMP1
Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (210NGW)

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
The description for Event ID 7005 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\NDMP1

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
The description for Event ID 7010 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP1

The description for Event ID 7017 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\NDMP1

The description for Event ID 7018 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

System Error:

The description for Event ID 16 from source Killer Analytics Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Service Starting

The system cannot find the file specified
The description for Event ID 0 from source Killer Analytics Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Service started/resumed

The system cannot find the file specified
Error Extracting Config file from Structured Storage at C:\ProgramData\RivetNetworks\Killer\ConfigurationFiles\rn.stg with reason Error File Does not Exist
Error Loading Configuration File from Disk for C:\ProgramData\RivetNetworks\Killer\ConfigurationFiles\oem.xml
Error Loading Configuration File oem.xml
Error Loading Configuration File from Disk for C:\ProgramData\RivetNetworks\Killer\ConfigurationFiles\user.xml
Error Loading Configuration File user.xml

Checked the C:\ProgramData\RivetNetworks\Killer directory while showing hidden files and folders. There is nothing except ActvityLog directory.

BUT there is rn.stg, oem.xml and user.xml in C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Killer Control Center directory.

Did try copy & pasting, didn't work.

Application Error:

Faulting application name: CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x64f09c64
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0xbced4b82
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c7a9
Faulting process id: 0x0x324C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA2691B11D608D
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RivetNetworks\Killer\CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6db82d0e-8353-4b7f-b9d4-fa676de602cf
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Running CustomizeInstallFirstRun.exe  manually creates the three files in %ProgramData$ but KIC still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner

Did reinstall again.

First uninstall of driver suite got stuck at "gathering information". Killed the uninstall process, booted into Windows safe mode,  cleaned %temp%, uninstalled KIC, KPS and BT software in Apps and Device Manager - all gone.

Then booted normally and did the following steps:

- install BT driver

- reboot

- install KPS

- reboot

- install KIC

Still does not work, Service is not running. All drivers from Intel website.

Couldn't even find KIC in MS Store, it is not publicly listed, so I had to uninstall KPS again to be able to install KIC. There isn't even a download link for KIC on Intel website. Just modifying installation was also not possible, there isn't an option to do that.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner

Did the following:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Still doesn't work.

Even nuked the ASUS Armoury Crate and AISuite Software beforehand.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Instead of all the posts and edits, why don't you allow the Intel support staff to respond?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pelikan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was the Killer Performance Suite or the Killer Intelligence Center working fine before on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides the ones you are describing on this thread, that might cause this issue?

Was it working fine before?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? 

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner

> Is this a new computer?

Yes, custom build.

> Was the Killer Performance Suite or the Killer Intelligence Center working fine before on this specific machine?

WiFI and BT are working fine, only the KIC does not work.

> Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides the ones you are describing on this thread, that might cause this issue?

Fresh install, new hardware.

> The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? 

Separately.

> Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Home

> SSU report

See attachment.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pelikan, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the SSU report, we can confirm that all the parts are correctly installed and recognized by the system as working appropriately.

Even though you mentioned that you already tried different troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, please try the steps shown in the next link for a possible solution for this scenario:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/wireless/wireless-software.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pelikan, Thank you very much for confirming those details.

In that case, we will do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this scenario, As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello pelikan, I just received an update on this matter.

Please use the following link to update to the latest Intel® Killer release: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/794919/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

Just to confirm, do you have any power-saving settings or other memory-saving applications enabled?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner

> Please use the following link to update to the latest Intel® Killer release: 

Done. KIC still does not work. Can't even start the process manually now:

Windows could not start the Killer Network Service service on local computer:

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

> Just to confirm, do you have any power-saving settings or other memory-saving applications enabled?

No. I'm using stock settings. I did not change anything manually.

I attached a new SSU report.

I may perform a clean driver install later.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pelikan, Thank you very much for confirming those details and providing the SSU report.

We will continue with our research on this matter and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner
0 Kudos
SeventhWinds
Beginner

I'm also having the exact same issue as Pelikan with a new PC build.

PC specs: 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard: ASrock Tiachi Carrara
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X
Memory: 32GB 16x2 6000Mhz G.skill Z5

I bought a Realtek generic 2.5Gbps for $20 off amazon and it works as advertised, no drivers or anything and I constantly get over 2Gbps download and upload while the Killer ethernet I only get 200-500Mbps download while the upload is 800-1.5Gbps.

With Killer the control center application constantly says service not running however if you attempt to manually enable the service it does work for about 5 seconds than reverts back to service not running.

I've tried the following.

Reinstalling in the order Pelikan did, reinstalled windows, reset my bios to default, tried to reinstall software in safe mode, MSconfig for minimal services at startup.

Reason I'd like to use the Killer is simply because my motherboard does not have any extra PCI express slots and It's either surround sound via sound card since the motherboard does not natively have enough plugs on it from the motherboard or an ethernet card.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

While we are still working on this matter, we would like to let you know that we have taken this issue to the development team to look for a fix in a future release. If you have the option to make a recording of your issue it would help our team a lot. Just to confirm, are you using version .842 from here, released on the 11th of this month:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/794919/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

SeventhWinds, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
pelikan
Beginner

Yes, I'm using latest version .842.

I could make a recording but I can't see how it's helpful.

1. Boot the computer

2. Start KIC

3. KIC window opens with message "Service not running"

4. Open Computer Management > Services

5. Start Killer Network Service (status: empty, startup type: automatically) manually

6. Get error message "Error 1068: The dependency service or group faild to start"

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pelikan, Thank you very much for your reply.

We are sorry to hear the issue remains. We will continue with our research on this matter and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

After reviewing the case we determined that, at this point, the best course of action will be to get in contact directly with ASUS Support for further assistance on this matter since this specific issue is supported by them:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DeepWaters
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel what exactly is the problem specific to Asus systems that is causing this? Even if it's not your responsibility to fix, please share your team's diagnosis with the community. OP is dissapointed, and I am too. 

0 Kudos