Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7568 Discussions

Killer® Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adapter (9260NGW) 160MHz driver update

Livingny
Novice

Hello

Recently Intel notified me of 3 driver updates. 2 of those downloaded and installed just fine. BUT the driver update for Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adapter (9260NGW) 160MHZK will not install and I get an error message saying 'Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD cannot be installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite' when I looked at what this update applied to the above listed driver was not listed BUT I'm continually getting this driver update notification. SO basically I'm asking is this notification wrong and should I hide it? I've opened the Killer Intelligence Center to try to let it update itself but I don't see an option to do that. Basically I'm clueless and don't want to turn off something I might need.

Thanks for any help out there.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Livingny
Novice

I found a solution finally!  This link will walk you through an easy way to download the Killer Suite into a folder, uninstall the version you have, restart, install and double check your drivers. Worked perfectly.

Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD Cannot Be Installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite 

If you see the Killer Driver UWD listed below the Killer Performance Suite in your Control Panel, uninstall that too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Livingny,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Killer™ Wireless-AC 1550, I will be glad to assist.

Could you please provide a screen capture of both the error you are getting and the driver you are trying to download?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Livingny
Novice

The driver is the exactly the one I mentioned above and in the title.

0 Kudos
Livingny
Novice

This is the history of the install. It actually gives an error code.

0 Kudos
Livingny
Novice

I found a solution finally!  This link will walk you through an easy way to download the Killer Suite into a folder, uninstall the version you have, restart, install and double check your drivers. Worked perfectly.

Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD Cannot Be Installed with Killer Ethernet Performance Suite 

If you see the Killer Driver UWD listed below the Killer Performance Suite in your Control Panel, uninstall that too.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos