Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

Killer intelligence center

Rudedogg_2
Beginner

New to this, Bear with Me;

I purchased a new Dell XPS15 9530 with the Killer.... I'm guessing suite.

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160 MHz

I'm wondering if this needs to be Enabled in the startup apps on task manager or will my LAN connection be sufficient? 

There's no port on the Laptop for the RJ45 but I have my computer connected to a WD22TB4 Dock and the Ethernet seems to be running fine through it.

When i am running the computer My memory usage is close to half of the memory i have installed. Between 45% and 60%. I'm not that Savvy with this stuff, so I'm looking for guidance. Is it normal to have that high of memory usage on a new Computer? I know that there is a 6GB reserved for the Dedicated Nvidia graphics.

I'm just trying to conserve my Memory. Any hints or tips would be Welcome.

I'm not sure why they send this out without instructions. I'm Going to the Dell site next to see if i can download a Manual for the Killer intelligence center. Wish Me luck!

Sincerely; Neal W Norris AKA Rudedogg_2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Rudedogg_2,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you would like to know more about how to use the Intel® Killer™ Control Center, it will be a pleasure to provide you with information related to the Intel® Killer™ Control Center.

In this case, the Intel® Killer™ Control Center will only work properly with Killer wireless adapters and you mentioned you are using the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211, this means that the Intel® Killer™ Control Center will not work as intended and you will not get any benefits from the tool.

Regarding your situation with the RAM, there are multiple reasons why memory usage increases like Running too many programs at the same time, Registry hack, Defective program design, Startup programs, Insufficient disk space, Viruses or antivirus, etc. Also, you may want to check this with Dell so they can run some tests to confirm if there are any issues with your laptop.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos