Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7533 Discussions

Laptop with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz gets blue screen with Aruba IAP

JarGerman
Beginner

We have a WiFi network with more than 700 Aruba Access Points and about 6000 wireless clients. We recently purchased new laptops with the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz WiFi Card. Those laptops are getting constant blue screen errors all other devices work just fine. We have worked with Aruba and Microsoft support and both agree that this behaviour is related to Intel drivers.

Additional information:

- Access Point Model: Aruba AP 515 (enabled with WiFi 6)

- Test Device: Lenovo Thinkpad L14 Gen1 - Type 20U2

- Blue Screen Error: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - NETWTW10.SYS

- We have tried the drivers recommended by Lenovo and also the latest driver available from Intel.

- We have tried disabling WiFi 6, 5GHz Band and width channels on the APs but the error continues to show up.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Do you have dot11w enabled? I've seend similar behaviour with other chipset vendor and disabling PMF did the trick

0 Kudos
JarGerman
Beginner

Hi Jesus_Pavon, thanks for the reply. I have checked and 802.1w (Management Frame Protection) is disabled.

0 Kudos
JarGerman
Beginner

In Windows Event Viewer I have found a lot of these warning messages: 

6062 - Lso was triggered

It seems that this event shows before the blue screen.

I was trying to disable LSO within the adapter advanced options, however this WNIC doesn't support LSO. I think something is wrong with the drivers of the WNIC.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JarGerman,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JarGerman
Beginner

Hello Steven thank you for your reply. The BSOD happens randomly while connected to the WiFi Network. Attached the requested file.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Please try a clean installation of the latest drivers, 22.140.0. You can follow the steps to perform a clean installation here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html and download the latest drivers here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Please let me know if the issue happens again.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
JarGerman
Beginner

Yes I've already tried with the lastest drivers available from Intel (22.140.0) but the issue persists.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Could you please confirm if there was any third party software installation in the laptops before the issue started?

As well, try running System File Checker on Windows to check and repair corrupted files if any:

1. Go to Start.
  2. Type cmd.
  3. Select Run as administrator.
  4. If prompted, click on Yes.
  5. Type SFC /Scannow when the command prompt appears.
  6. Hit Enter key.
  7. When the command starts the repair, you will see the message “Beginning system scan”. It may take a while.
  8. After reaching 100%, restart the laptop.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JarGerman,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
JarGerman
Beginner

I have executed the SFC but the issue persists. Also no third party software were installed in the PC before the problem started.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I will work on this issue. As soon as I have an update or need additional information, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello JarGerman,

I see we are currently working on this issue in another case opened by your partners (05524535). We will continue working there, please feel free to address any questions in that case.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Frank_MT
Beginner

Hi.  Our company also has this exact same issue, on a much smaller scale.  We have also tried all the things JarGerman has. 

In this last message, you state the conversation is carried on elsewhere.  Can you direct me where to follow this conversation?  We need the answer to this also.

I hope this has been resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JesperIT
Beginner

Hi!

We are also experiencing this and would like a followup on this issue asap. 

Pretty much same network setup with Aruba and ax201 cards. 

Workaround for us have been using and old driver from 2021 which is MS signed. 

0 Kudos
CBBos
Beginner
0 Kudos
CBBos
Beginner

@JesperIT could you share the driver version that works for you?

0 Kudos
Frank_MT
Beginner

I will be curious to hear what driver version works for others.  For us, 22.150.xxx and 22.140.xxx are the ones that cause the bluescreens.  Anything from 22.110.xxx on down works for us (22.110.xxx / 22.100.xxx / etc.).

0 Kudos
JesperIT
Beginner

Hello, Ive been trying out version 160 for several days now it seems to be working great for us. Not had 1 bluescreen yet. 
However, the old that we were using was MS signed 21.10.2.2 which 100% was working fine too. I believe its from 2021. 

0 Kudos
Andrew_Chang
Employee

Hi Steven:

I see we are currently working on this issue in another case opened by your partners (05524535). We will continue working there, please feel free to address any questions in that case.

May I know this another case is IPS#05524535? Where I could check that ticket?

Thanks,

BR.

Andrew

0 Kudos