Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Latest driver for intel dual band wireless-n 7260 Win 10 64bit

ckrause
Novice

Hello,

I´m looking for the latest driver for the Intel dual band wireless-n 7260 for Windows 10 64bit. The official support pages are not available (404). It would be very nice if anyone could tell me a download link. (f.e. url )

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private messages.

...S

View solution in original post

637 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is correct; the part has been discontinued and Intel Customer Support is no longer supporting the download of drivers for discontinued parts. [Aside: IMHO, a truly disappointing decision. It's just disk space. So much for customer-orientation. So much for the importance and value of customer goodwill.]

The last version of the driver packages that supported these adapters was 21.10.1. I have copies of these files in my own archive. Unfortunately, due to size, I cannot post them here. I will put them into a share and send you a link for downloading them.

...S

ckrause
Novice

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply. That is disappointing indeed.

It would be great if you could send me your download link.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
MiaMeeps
Beginner
Hey Scott, I would also greatly appreciate a link for the driver. I just got a similar card for my ThinkPad today (specifically the AC version of the 7260) and am unable to use it since Intel has removed the download.

Thank you,
Mia
0 Kudos
Kyivguy
Beginner

Scott,

I also need the most recent update to the AC 7260 wireless adapter. Could you send a link to me also? Would really appreciate it as my current version is not recognizing my new internet router from T-Mobile. Hopefully this upgrade may work.

Jerry

0 Kudos
Kyivguy
Beginner

Scott,

Thanks for your prompt response, but for some reason, I am not able to access private messages. I am registered on the this Intel Community, but not an Intel employee. Is that the reason? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kyivguy

0 Kudos
haashimr
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Can you please send me the link as well? I need it for the AC-7260 card on my laptop.

Thanks,

Haashim

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private Message inbox.

...S 

0 Kudos
Norwegianbergen
Beginner

problmes on win server 2022, it work whid a hotspot from my cell.

0 Kudos
Javier2
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I also need the most recent update to the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wireless adapter. Could you send a link to me also? Would really appreciate it as my current version is not recognizing my new internet router with Wifi6. (I have 18.33.9.3)

I check over Intel and Windows and the status is all Updated.

Hopefully this upgrade may work.

0 Kudos
Gunss99
Beginner

Hi Scott

Could you please advise me on how to get the Intel driver installation?

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260HWM + Bluetooth

0 Kudos
dwkehoss
Novice

Please do I have a dell latitude 64 bit  windows 10    "<email removed>" with intel AC7260 card

thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

0 Kudos
dwkehoss
Novice

Dear n scott pearson

Your update file worked perfectly, thank you so much.  Historically I would only use intel processors but this Intel adaptor lack of update issue really has me puzzled and cause to reconsider their product.  Do you know if this is a common industry occurrence ??

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Dropping support once a product is discontinued is fairly common across the industry. Sadly, the industry has adopted warranty practices that are anemic and support that is deplorable (in some case, even if you pay them extra).

Removing downloads for discontinued products appears to be an Intel-only thing. It is a deplorable, scummy practice and says that Intel has become a 'What have you bought from us lately?' kind of company. What customer orientation they had seems to have gone completely out the window.

I am here, helping customers as much as I can, because I am embarrassed by what Intel has become. I have watch things slowly devolve since I retired (after 21 years working for them) - and I wasn't happy with Intel's practices back then.

Sigh!

...S

dwkehoss
Novice

That being said are you at liberty to recommend what I should consider on my next purchase for home use laptop in the way of processor and wifi card?

thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I can say anything I want; its not like Intel is paying me to be here.     ;^)

That said, I usually avoid making recommendations. Here are some general guidelines:

• Get at least 12th gen. The 13th gen is here - and offers some advantages - but you might be able to get 12th gen slightly cheaper. Unless you are planning to use the laptop for gaming or really heavy duty office/development tasks, a Core i5 should be sufficient. Otherwise, look at a Core i7.
  • If you are gaming, then you likely want an NVIDIA graphics solution for highest compatibility. A good reason to go with Intel graphics, however, is if you want to use Thunderbolt 4 to support additional monitors.
  • For Wireless, you want a Wireless-AX solution with WiFi 6e support. At a minimum, you want an AX210/AX211 module, but if you can find one with an AX411 module, they are supposed to be able to support 5GHz and 6GHz connections simultaneously!

Hope that's enough to get you started,

...S

0 Kudos
MadMac
Beginner

Hi Scott,

I just upgraded my wifi and now need the update to the AC 7260 wireless adapter. Could you send a link to me also?

Much Appreciated,

MadMac

0 Kudos
Heshey
Beginner

Scott, 

I hope you can send me the link to download the driver for the AC 7260 wireless.   Since I switched to Fiber my wife has been unable to get on line.

Thank you in advance and bless you for helping all us frustrated users

Heshey

0 Kudos
Lina2
Beginner

Hi Scott, 

Thank you for your support. Much appreciated. 

I also have need for the latest drive for the AC7260 and I tried everything to solve the problem with my WiFi.

Could you please, send me also the link? I think that will solve it. 

Kind regards,

Lina2

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Lina2,

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 95th requester since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos