Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7542 Discussions

Mobile hotspot win 11

MadameA
Beginner

Hello. It appears my mobile hotspot is not working. In my phone, it will show "connected, no internet" . This is after updates. Any troubleshooting steps I need to make or is this feature not available in latest updates?

I just bought this laptop last June 2023. Thing is, Id usually use the mobile hotspot with my previous computer. however, I just noticed that this function is not working when I tried it last September, im not sure if it's because of the updates or it was never there before. 

So last September I updated as per "intel driver & support assistant" . This updated my bluetooth and wireless adapters. 

My phone will just show "connected, no internet" when I try to connect. If I change band to 5.0ghz, it will show that " The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again."

My bluetooth 5.0 wireless mouse stopped working as well after the updates.

To be clear, the laptop is perfectly connected to the internet both via LAN cable and wireless. It's just that my mobile hotspot is not working, and my bluetooth stopped connecting to my wireless mouse.

I am working from home and no other changes happened EXCEPT the driver updates as recommended by the "intel driver & support assistant".

I have attached a report from system support utility for reference. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MadameAThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 22.250.1.2, and the Bluetooth driver version is 10.0.22621.1555, which are the latest ones provided by Intel® for the Intel® AX211 card.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that based on the fact that the wireless connection works with your laptop with no problem, indicates that the issue could be related to the Mobile Hotspot option from Windows* itself.

There is a driver pack for your Intel® LAPRC710 on our official website that contains older drivers, since you mentioned that it was working fine before, for testing purposes, please try to install that driver package and test if the Mobile Hotspot feature and the mouse work after that:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/736480/driver-pack-for-the-intel-nuc-m15-laptop-kit-laprc710-laprc510.html?wapkw=laprc710

Did you try to test, if you have the option, another Bluetooth device besides the mouse in question?  

Additionally, according to the SSU, the BIOS version on your machine is 0056. There is a newer BIOS version, 0063, please update the BIOS to that version using the F7 method shown in the links below and test them again:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/735631/bios-update-for-the-intel-nuc-m15-laptop-kit-laprcx10-rcadl357.html?wapkw=laprc710

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056678/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-laptop-kits.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MadameA, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MadameA, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

As an option, you can always get in contact with Microsoft Support directly for further assistance on this matter as well:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos