Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7562 Discussions

Neither of AX210 and AX211 is recognized by the system

rabbull
Beginner

Hi all,

I built a PC with a Maxsun B760M-GKD5 motherboard and an AX210 wireless adapter. However, the adapter was not recognized by the system, i.e. it didn't at all show up in the device manager.

After some trouble shooting, I realized that the motherboard might not support AX210 at all, as there is a "CNVI only" sign on the motherboard, so I bought and installed an AX211. Sadly it doesn't work either.

I understand that in the specification of AX211, it is said that the adapter support CNVIo2 only, but on another version of exactly the same motherboard that the wireless adapter is installed by the OEM, what they used is AX101, which is also a CNVIo2 card.

I have already have all the drivers that I could come up with installed, and the system is near fresh installed (have been tested with a PCI-E wireless adapter before; and is currently connected to the internet via Android USB Tethering). I also tried on a Linux system and neither of the adapters is recognized too.

I'm quite confused about what else can I do to fix or at least locate the problem. If anyone happend to have some ideas, it would be really appreciate if you could share them with me.

Best,

rabbull

Probably related threads: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Why-does-my-wireless-device-not-show-up/td-p/731717

Motherboard Specification (Simplified Chinese): https://download.maxsun.com.cn:8443/mb/bios/MS-TXB760MGKD5/MS-TXB760MGKD5.pdf

Motherboard Specification (English, but the network adapter slot is not mentioned): https://www.maxsun.com/products/terminator-b760m-gkd5?_pos=1&_sid=9fdb022a8&_ss=r

Device Manager: device manager.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rabbull
Beginner

Update: Confirmed with the motherboard manufactor, AX211 should be supported by this type of motherboard.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is not the first time that I have seen a motherboard that, through design or BIOS, prevents the (non-CNVi) AX210 from being used in the (CNVi) M.2 socket. It is possible that the BIOS on this motherboard utilizes inclusion/exclusion lists to prevent the use of any adapter that is not purchased through the motherboard manufacturer (I consider this really slimy).

So, you need to replace this (possibly bad) AX211. Hopefully you can do this with a swap through the storefront where you purchased it.

Aside: I always recommend that, when changing the Wireless card, you uninstall the Bluetooth and Wireless packages first and then reinstall them, from scratch, after installing the replacement card.

Hope this helps,

...S

rabbull
Beginner

Hi @n_scott_pearson,

Thank you for your suggestion! I think you are right that I should try replace with another brand new AX211 to check if I happend to get a faulty one. Hopefully after that I could get back and update this thread with an answer.

@n_scott_pearson wrote:

Aside: I always recommend that, when changing the Wireless card, you uninstall the Bluetooth and Wireless packages first and then reinstall them, from scratch, after installing the replacement card.

But I didn't really get what are the "Bluetooth and Wireless packages" you mentioned in your aside. Do they refer to the drivers? or the antenna? And why would these cause the problem that the adapter is not recognized by the motherboard? I'm not quite a hardware guy so any clue will be really grateful.

Best,

rabbull

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
There are separate packages for Wireless and Bluetooth that install the best drivers and firmware for the Wireless card present - but *only* for the card present; none other. This is why I say, if you are changing the Wireless card, you need to uninstall the existing drivers, do the physical card replacement, and then install the packages (again) so that the best drivers and firmware are installed for the new Wireless card.
...S
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @rabbull  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the cards you have installed until now. 

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
rabbull
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for your advices. I have consulted Intel support, motherboard manufacturer, the "tech experts" (if they are) around me and got nothing. That's why I finally turned to the community. I guess it wouldn't violate any Intel rule to try to get an answer here right? Anyway, thank you for at least replied to this thread.

Best regards,

rabbull

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @rabbull  

Thank you for your reply. 

Not at all, even though we don't support wireless integrations, I am glad that other fellow community members, in this case Mr. Scott, can help you or give recommendations for your problem. 

You can always open or search for threads related to your issue for help, that's the purpose of our communities. 

This thread will no longer be monitored due to the previous reasons mentioned. I hope this issue gets solved soon. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos