Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7545 Discussions

No internet access

Dave444
Beginner
I have very little computer/tech skills. I cannot connect wirelessly. I’ve restarted my modem and system to no avail. Need help. Here is a screenshot of the failure. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What USB adapter are you using? 

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Dave444
Beginner
I’d be happy to but cannot go online to download your recommendation. How do I proceed?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not know the manufacturer and model number of your USB adapter?  Just look at it.

0 Kudos
Dave444
Beginner
You’ll have to forgive my ignorance. I’m a sales guy, not a computer maven. If you’ll guide me, I’ll be happy to provide any info you need to assist. Thanks.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The error message you posted (which you took a photo of) says you have a usb adapter.

Take a photo of the usb adapter (top and bottom) and post those.

Now, a usb adapter plugs into a usb port.  So, you should see something sticking out of the laptop/desktop.

Beyond that, I can no longer help you.

0 Kudos
Dave444
Beginner
Here you go. Thanks for helping me.
0 Kudos
Dave444
Beginner
I’m able to plug into the modem to download your recommendation.
0 Kudos
Dave444
Beginner
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home(10.0.19045 Build 19045)
Physical Memory (Installed): 8 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz
System Type: x64-based PC
Total Installed Updates: 27 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) HD Graphics 20.19.15.5144
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 18E9
Network Adapter(s): 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card 10.0.2.52
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller 9.1.410.2015
Disk(s): ST3500413AS 396.48 GB (available) 10.0.19041.1865
System Messages: Included
Direct-X Diagnostics: Included
--
David C. Willner
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Dave444

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Before we proceed with the assistance, please provide us with the following information:

1.      What is the symptom of the issue?

2.      Are you having issues on Wifi or Bluetooth or both?

3.      Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

4.      Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

5.      Have you checked with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

6.      What adapter model do you have?

7.      Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

8.      Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

9.      Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on hardwired connection?

10.  What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?

11.  Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

12.  Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

Thanks to @AlHill for helping us requesting the SSU, it will make the process easier.

However, it will be necessary the entire file, not just the information in the previous post. For that please, follow the instruction:

·        Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt filePlease provide the .txt file.

We need to know the Wireless adapter first, with that information it will be easier for us to help you. Also if your don't know how to get the Wireless adapter model, you can go to the Device manager>Network adapters> (model adapter). Send us a screenshot. And if your have and USB wireless adapter also, let us know.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Dave444

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Dave444

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos