Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7558 Discussions

No more WiFi after update

Beq
Beginner

Hi, I don't have Wi-Fi after downloading an update

I have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and it stopped working after installing a Windows update

I still see it in the device manager but I can't update the drive

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We need more information. 

1. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.
  2. There are two revisions of the silicon, Rev. C and Rev. D. The Rev. C version is discontinued and not supported by the latest drivers. To determine which you have, please take a picture of the label on the top of the wireless card. This card will look something like this:

n_scott_pearson_0-1715622569318.png

...S

0 Kudos
Beq
Beginner

here it is 

i consulted the save and my network card doesn't appear on it

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have the legacy drivers for the discontinued 7265-C version of the card available in my sharepoint (here: Legacy Wireless Drivers). Give this a try and see if it returns the card to a functional state.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos