Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7451 Discussions

Smart AP disabled due to VPN | Killer Intelligence Center

Nova1
Novice

Instead, the issue is related to the "Killer Intelligence Center" application. This app is mistakenly identifying something similar to a VPN, which is causing the SmartAP function to be turned off. This problem began when I updated the program to version "KillerPerformanceSuite_34.23.7168".

Nova1_2-1691775719224.png

Nova1_1-1691775682897.png

Screenshot 2023-08-11 123920.png

58 Replies
WideBody
Novice

I updated to the new version.  I am running WIndow 10 Pro... always up to date....  The new program is working just fine.   Thanks for the work.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nova1, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I will continue with the investigation to figure out what is causing this behavior with the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite.

As soon as I have any new information, I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Gerko
Novice

Hello Deivid

How is the review of the scenario progressing?

0 Kudos
WideBody
Novice

I thought it always said that.

WideBody_0-1697809106811.png

This is a fairly new clean Windows 10 Pro installation.  I don't have the process running that is in the previous message.

My driver version is

WideBody_1-1697809319445.png

If you need anything, feel free to ask.

0 Kudos
Nova1
Novice

It seems that the problem lies in Killer's network services, since when the process starts, the Killer Intelligence Center application works for a moment and then the service crashes.

0 Kudos
VerGreeneyes
Beginner

Still broken with package version 35.23.842 (Killer Intelligence Center version 3.1523.831.1).

0 Kudos
WideBody
Novice

Do you have any VPN's installed?  I have Cisco and Sonicwall.

0 Kudos
VerGreeneyes
Beginner

I had ProtonVPN installed but not active. However, I just uninstalled it and rebooted, and it made no difference: It still says "Smart AP disabled due to VPN".

0 Kudos
LevelHard
Beginner

So ??? How is it going Intel ?

I still face the "disabled AP"...

In fact it is hard to tell (be case this thread is not overflowing with feedback) but my spider sense tells me problem is not solved yet.

I swing by next month to check progress.

Toodeloo...

VerGreeneyes
Beginner

Still broken with package version 35.23.1292 (Killer Intelligence Center version 3.1523.1205.1).

Is anyone at Intel looking into this at all?

0 Kudos
Gareth01234
Beginner

I had this issue in the past, resolved it after faffing about using intelligence centre 35.23.842.

Now I've just installed the latest version 35.23.1292 and it is broken again.

Last time I spent time deleting network adapters that had been created by my use of hyperv and wsl2, but I just checked and I can't see any changes to them, but it is definitely broken again.

I have 3 network adapters vEthernet (default switch), vEthernet (wifi), and WiFi.

vEthernet (default switch): Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter #2

vEthernet (wifi): Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter

When I disable the first two, the killer intelligence engine works correctly. To do this,

1. Switch off Smart Ap Selection in the killer intelligence centre

2. Restart the Killer Smart AP Selection service using services.msc

3. Switch on Smart Ap Selection in the killer intelligence centre

Please can you resolve this Intel.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Maxximus
Beginner

not sure if it will help anyone else

but i get this issue when i run killer with "run as administrator"

and it works if i don't "run as administrator"

hope it helps someone????

0 Kudos
WideBody
Novice

I tried both "run as administrator" and not.    No joy.

I used to use the Killer Control Center all the time.   I have given up.   It's still on my system and I check it from time to time

0 Kudos
electron29
Beginner

3.13.2024 Still not working in version 3.1523.1205.1.

0 Kudos
Gareth01234
Beginner

Hi All,

I have previously posted that it doesn't work - that's true it doesn't.... but you can make it work again by doing the following. I've got some screenshots that show you how to make this work. If this doesn't work for you, please re-post.... Intel.... PLEASE fix this!

1. Open "Killer Intelligence Center" and ensure "Smart Access Point Selection" is enabled (It will show a disabled because of message, but ignore this).

2. Disable all virtual network devices (used by things like Android Studio, hyperV etc). You can see I've disabled mine below (right click, disable adapter).

win10_network_connections.png

3. Open the windows services and restart the "Killer Network Service" service as highlighted below.

services.png

4. Check back on the Killer Intelligence Center (It will flicker blank, then come back with a "please wait message" before showing as in the screenshot below.

killer.png

5. Repeat steps 1 - 4 when the app (whichever it is for you, hyperV, whatever) reenables those virtual network devices.

NeedMore
Beginner

Disabling the VM network adapter fixed it, thx

0 Kudos
plum1
Beginner

Any other fixes? I tried everything and it keeps giving the error

0 Kudos