Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7542 Discussions

Sometimes when wifi is on, i get audio artifacts, and even sometimes i get a system freeze

rebok
Novice

I got an "Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz" wireless card that's builtin in my laptop. 

kernel: 6.5.7-200.fc38.x86_64 (newest stable version i could get)

machine: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LU_FX506LU

more info is here: https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/system-stops-responding-when-using-wi-fi/88703

The discussion was firstly here, but i decided to also post it here, as someone recommended.

Sometimes i got audio artifacts when using wi-fi.

And sometimes it shows me that wifi has been disconnected, and my system freezes

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rebok
Novice

sorry for such long response time, i tested the card on ubuntu and it appears to be working, without any problems

As such i moved the discussion back to the fedora disussion website, i will close that message as an solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rebok
Novice

Turns out that with 2.4ghz it does the same

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rebok,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you are presenting an audio issue related to a Wireless connection.

In this case, the Fedora 37 workstation is not listed as a compatible operating system for this wireless adapter. Can you try with a supported operating system (Windows 11, Windows 10, Linux/Ubuntu) and check if the issue persists?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
rebok
Novice

ok, i will check in the following days, and if it does the same, then i will continue the discussion here, and if not i will move back to ask fedora.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rebok, 

Thanks for your response. I understand that you will require a couple of days to test this issue with a compatible operating system. I will be waiting for your next response with the results.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rebok, 

I want to know if you were able to test with any of the supported operating systems by Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) and if the issue was also present.

Let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rebok,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
rebok
Novice

sorry for such long response time, i tested the card on ubuntu and it appears to be working, without any problems

As such i moved the discussion back to the fedora disussion website, i will close that message as an solution

0 Kudos