Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7499 Discussions

Unable to connect to this network

wahaj7
Beginner
I am facing this weird issue with my laptop (intel wireless ac 9560 160mhz). I can't connect to my campus internet, if I am sitting in my room, I've to physically go near the router with my laptop to get it connected. It was working fine when I was using Ubuntu. What should I do ?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello wahaj7,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that this situation could be very frustrating for you, and I would like to help you find the source of this issue.

To have a better understanding of this issue, please provide the following:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? Integrations could cause unexpected issues.

2. Is the Bluetooth working? I want to confirm if the issue is only present on the Wi-Fi.

3. What is the brand and model name of your laptop? To check for any updates provided by the manufacturer.

4. What is the brand and model name of your AP/router? Just to check compatibility.

5. What is the BIOS version installed? Check it on the manufacturer's site.

6. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build? To also check compatibility.

7. Did you check another network? To confirm if the issue is related to the AP or the Wi-Fi card.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
wahaj7
Beginner

Thanks for reaching out Deivid,

i) I am using a laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN512-52, the adapter came pre-installed.

ii) Yes, Bluetooth is working completely fine.

iii) There is no update for the drivers after 2019 I believe.

iv) I don't remember exactly the brand and model of the router.

vii)  Other networks exhibit sane problem when the source is like in another room.

I don't see any issue while using ubuntu

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello wahaj7, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on this issue, I recommend you try the following:

1. Try a clean installation of the Intel wireless drivers:

2. Try the "Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity":

3. Run all the Windows updates, including the optional ones.

4. Check with Acer to confirm if there is any BIOS update pending.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello wahaj7, 

I want to know if you were able to perform the steps provided or if you had any problems with them. Let me know if you need additional support with the connection issues.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello wahaj7,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos