Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

WiFi adapter ax201 died…no resolutions worked. Now what?

Stefi
Beginner
Help!! Saturday I was online and stepped away for less than 5 minutes. When I returned, my wireless connection was out. After about 8+ hours of research and testing trial and error, I am at a loss as to next steps.

All of the resolution suggestions, which included updating driver, unplugging laptop battery and reverting to earlier version, failed to resolve the problem of the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz.

So know I’m wondering my options. Can I just replace it or do I need an external plugin? How do I know which options are compatible with my HP Spectre laptop?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Stef
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefi
Beginner
Anyone?!? Bueller…Bueller…Bueller!
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Stefi 

You should as in HP support about the possibility of WiFi adapter replacement. The adapter can be replaced if you have the option of adapter with connector (rather than soldered to the motherboard).

Since this is a weekend, you will hardly have any support. In the mean time try one of the solutions shown in this video: Fix HP Wi-Fi Not Working in Windows 10/8/7 [2021]

Leon

0 Kudos