Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7492 Discussions

Wifi – ax201 failure – HP Pavilion x360

Korte
Beginner

intel(r) wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz

The wifi has completely disappeared from the computer. All the suggestions for a solution circulating on the internet are in vain. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Korte

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel® communities. We are eager to assist you in resolving your issue.

To gain a comprehensive understanding of the problem you are facing, kindly provide us with the following information:

1.     Can you recall any specific events or changes that occurred prior to the disappearance of Wi-Fi from your PC? For instance, did this issue manifest after an operating system update or a wireless driver update?

2.     Have you undertaken any troubleshooting steps in an attempt to rectify this issue on your own? Please specify.

3.     Are you experiencing problems with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both functionalities?

4.     Is your computer a new acquisition? If so, have you consulted your system's original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for verified drivers or assistance in addressing any known issues that may relate to the symptoms you are encountering?

5.     Is the adapter currently in use the one that was pre-installed in your system, or have you recently replaced or installed a new adapter?

6.     Is this issue occurring in your home environment, office setting, or both?

7.     Have you assessed whether this issue persists when connecting to different networks?

8.     Have you made any adjustments to the settings of your Wi-Fi adapter prior to the emergence of this issue?

Also, provide us with the SSU report:

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Your cooperation in providing these details will greatly assist us in pinpointing the cause of the problem and delivering an effective solution.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Korte

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please answer my questions and provide me with the SSU.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Korte
Beginner

Hi,

1.     Can you recall any specific events or changes that occurred prior to the disappearance of Wi-Fi from your PC? For instance, did this issue manifest after an operating system update or a wireless driver update?

Just suddenly dissappeared without any antecedent.

2.     Have you undertaken any troubleshooting steps in an attempt to rectify this issue on your own? Please specify.

Yes. Windows internet troubleshooting, drivers uninstalling then reinstalling them from Intel homepage. And all the miraculous solutions offered by forums (it took several hours; days).

3.     Are you experiencing problems with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both functionalities?

Just Wifi.

4.     Is your computer a new acquisition? If so, have you consulted your system's original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for verified drivers or assistance in addressing any known issues that may relate to the symptoms you are encountering?

I purchased it 2-3 years ago. Worked well up to now.

5.     Is the adapter currently in use the one that was pre-installed in your system, or have you recently replaced or installed a new adapter?

The original one.

6.     Is this issue occurring in your home environment, office setting, or both?

Occured at home.

7.     Have you assessed whether this issue persists when connecting to different networks?

Yes, it persisted.

8.     Have you made any adjustments to the settings of your Wi-Fi adapter prior to the emergence of this issue?

No.

I started using a usb wifi card (there was no other option). But after about a day of use this card I realised the problem solved itself, now the ax201 wifi card is also working well. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @Korte,

I want to extend my gratitude to you for your prompt and helpful responses to my inquiries.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that the issue was resolved after utilizing a USB Wi-Fi card, and subsequently, the original ax201 Wi-Fi card also resumed functioning properly after a day.

We are delighted to learn that your Wi-Fi card is now operational. We would appreciate your guidance on whether you wish to keep this conversation ongoing or if you prefer to conclude it.

In the event that further troubleshooting is not required, we recommend closing the discussion. Please communicate your preference, and we will proceed accordingly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Korte
Beginner

Unfortunately, the problem has reappeared. The wifi card doesn't work at all again. Can you recommend another wifi card that can be installed in the HP Pavilion x360 notebook?

Thanks

Korte_0-1699740458107.png

0 Kudos