Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7481 Discussions

Wifi driver AX201 not working

VJBB
Beginner

My Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz driver is not working properly again. The driver always displays Code 43 as the cause of the problem. I noticed that the driver didn't function when connected to our own wifi network, but it is working properly when I brought my laptop to the technician. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers, but they are not working very well even restarting when the drivers were just installed. Hopefully, I am provided with the long-term solution to end the problem.

More information:
1. I am using ASUS TUF GAMING F15 with Windows 11 installed.
2. The wifi adapter is pre-installed on the laptop.
3. The bluetooth adapter is working properly.

P.S. I included a file of report via Intel SSU to examine how the problem occurred and pictures that support the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
I encountered this issue before and I resolved it by following this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html . Code 43 wireless is an error code that shows a problem with the wireless device or its driver. It means that Windows has disabled the device because it has detected some kind of issue.

Some possible reasons for code 43 wireless are:

• Corrupted or outdated driver

• Hardware failure or incompatibility

• Incorrect BIOS settings

• Interference from other devices or software

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi @VJBB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are encountering error Code 43, I'll do my best to help you here.

Please check the recommended steps in this article and try them out: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html)

By the way, since this is an OEM laptop device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed for your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

Please confirm which steps you performed along with the test results, If applicable. 

Best regards,  

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner

I want to attempt a cold reboot of my laptop. My battery was removable, but the case was not easy to open as it needs the help of a technician to remove screws to open the case. In this case, can I follow the steps for a Laptop cold reboot with a non-removable battery?

0 Kudos
GContente
Beginner

Hello all,

We have some issues as well with this wifi adapter, regardless of which driver version the users are in. We have recently changed the authentication method to EAP-TTLS and for the moment users that have this Wifi adapter have reported Wifi disconnections. The Wlan report at the time of the event show that the user has disconnected from the wifi network when the user did not. In system event we see an information level event that informs the driver is corrupt or not properly installed.

GContente_0-1705048225749.png

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi @VJBB,

Yes, you can follow the steps regarding the cold reboot for laptops with a non-removable battery.

To assist you better, you may follow these steps:

1. Turn off the laptop.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter.
  3. Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.
  4. With the AC adapter unplugged, press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the AC adapter then turn on the computer.

For more detailed steps you may refer to this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092253/wireless.html)

If the previous steps don't work, our final recommendation is to reach out to your System Manufacturer for further troubleshooting/assistance. 

Hi @GContente,

I understand that you are having some issues as well regarding the wi-fi adapter.

Since you have a different wireless adapter and another system, please open your own thread and we will gladly assist you focused on your issue. 

Best regards,  

Von M.

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner

I tried the cold reboot. The only problem is when I turned on my laptop after pressing the power button for 15 seconds, the screen is black and I did shut down once more and turned on again my laptop. The cold reboot did not work as expected. Should I repeat the cold reboot again considering the black screen problem?

0 Kudos
Cav7
Beginner
This is going to sound dumb, but if you are using a wireless mouse uplug the node from your USB and try your wifi. That was my problem on my HP Pavilion x360. I think the node was interfereing with my wifi.
0 Kudos
GContente
Beginner

Hello @VonM_Intel 

Thanks for your reply. The wifi adapter is Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz, this is, as far as i understand the same adapter as the original poster. Regardless if realy needed by intel i can open a diferent threat.

Regards

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, VJBB.

Thanks for your response. May I know if you already tried to do the wi-fi driver clean installation? If not, you may follow this article on how to properly perform the clean installation: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html).

In line with your concern that, if you should repeat the cold reboot process, yes you may perform again the cold reboot, but this time, you may need to perform the clean installation first of your OEM driver for your wi-fi adapter: (https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-f15/helpdesk_download?model2Name=FX506LI) and performed a Cold Reboot: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092253/wireless.html). 

Best regards,  

Von M.

0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
I encountered this issue before and I resolved it by following this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html . Code 43 wireless is an error code that shows a problem with the wireless device or its driver. It means that Windows has disabled the device because it has detected some kind of issue.

Some possible reasons for code 43 wireless are:

• Corrupted or outdated driver

• Hardware failure or incompatibility

• Incorrect BIOS settings

• Interference from other devices or software
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Bluetooth and other communications methods used with wireless mice and keyboards all use the same 2.4GHz transmission band that is used for standard WiFi. As well, USB 3.x transmission is done using the 2.4GHz signalling, so it too can contribute to WiFi interference if the USB cables being used are not well shielded.

Best bet for interference-free WiFi is to select the 5GHz band supported by WiFi5 (and/or the 6GHz band supported by WiFi6+).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos