Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wifi keeps disconnecting

ACust9
Beginner

Hi there,

I have recently purchased asus rog strix x570-e gaming motherboard with an intel WiFi 6 AX200 160Mhz chipset for networking.

The connection drops from time to time kicking me out of my remote desktop and ssh sessions. So it is basically unusable for me.

I see corresponding entries in the event log:

Netwtw08: 6062 - Lso was triggered

And also lots of

Netwtw08: 7003 - Roam Complete

Netwtw08: 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage

My driver version is 21.30.3.2

Any suggestions for altenative drivers? Some generic ones maybe that do not spam the event log?

Thanks,

Stefan

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have the following information:

1. Is your system up to date (BIOS, OS, etc.). We would like to take a look at this and other useful information. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

2. Are both the wireless router/access point (AP) and your computer using the same Wi-Fi standard and configuration: 802.11ac or 802.11ax? What is your router/AP model? Is the firmware version up to date?

3. Have you experienced this problem since day one or after a software/hardware change?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

thank you for your answer.

1)

Yes, the Bios is up to date. Version 1201. Updated before the install.

SSU scan report is attached.

2)

That is a very good point. Did not care about wireless standard in years.

My router is a AVN FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable. Latest software 7.10 installed. But that one only supports 802.11ac.

https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6590-cable/

My computer is listed as connected on that standard.

connection.PNG

The adapter on the other hand is configured for 802.11ax.

configuration.PNG

I will try setting this to mode ac and see how that works.

3)

Since i first used the wifi connection. Install was made on a wired conncetion.

Thanks for pointing out the wifi standards. I will test the wireless mode setting for a few days and get back to you.

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for your response. 

In this scenario, we also suggest using the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

unfortunately i have to report that the problem persists with the new settings.

Not only with the driver version 21.30.3.2 but as well with driver version 21.40.1.4 acquired through windows update.

This is a event viewer log from this evening. Every Warning is a "lso triggered" and a disconnect from remote machines.

You can imagine online gaming is not working as well...error.PNG

I tried then to disable lso for this network adapter but it seems the value is impossible to set.

errorPS.PNG

A google search indicates that i am not alone with this problem. Even accross different Hardware versions of intel wireless adapaters.

How can i disable "large send offload" for the "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160Mhz"?

When can we expect a fix for this? I am sorry to say, but it is pretty clear to me that this is a faulty driver.

Thank you for your time,

Stefan

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Additional screenshot from Powershell. There is no Wi-Fi adapter listed for lso. But the event log clearly lists this error on the Wi-Fi adapter. Slightly confusing...

errorPS2.PNG

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for attaching more details to this thread.

All the adapter settings available can be found in Device Manager. 

1. Right-click Start in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Device Manager.
  3. Click the > sign to expand the Network adapters entry.
  4. Right-click the wireless adapter and click Properties.
  5. Click the Advanced tab to configure the advanced settings.

Now, as you were saying, this could be a driver issue. Given that this is a brand new system, Intel recommends working with the drivers provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) since these drivers are customized to ensure functionality and improve the overall computer's performance.

Try the following steps and let us know if the issue persists.

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Wireless 21.30.3.2 (OEM driver)

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

If the issue persists, try the generic driver available at our Download Center.

Wi-Fi Driver package version 21.30.3 (Generic driver)

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

the setting i am looking for (Large Send Offload) is not available in the advance settings.

I have seen it for other intel adapters in a google image search but it is not avalable for the AX200.

The OEM drivers were the first i tried and they show the same result. They are also the same as the Intel Genreic 21.30.2 as a "diff" of netwtw08.sys is showing. No difference that is.

I noticed that the Killer 1650 is a rebrand of the AX200 Chipset, so i tried those drivers. With again the same result. Not working properly and disconnecting me from my Wi-Fi.

In summary, i tried the following driver versions:

21.30.3.2 OEM

21.30.3.2 Intel Generic

21.40.1.4 Microsoft update

21.40.2.2 Killer 1650

All show the same result. When a LSO (Large Send Offload) is triggered i get disconnected.

And unlike with other network adapters, there is no way to control this setting for the user.

The Intel driver for the AX200 is faulty and needs an update with either a fix or at least the option to turn "LSO" off.

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for the update. 

If Large Send Offload is not displayed, it is not available for your device or for your Windows* version. Large send offload is usually available for Intel® Ethernet 10/100 and Gigabit Adapters.

We will do further research about this connectivity problem and update this thread soon.

In the meantime, and since this is a brand-new system, we also recommend you to contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to report this behavior. Please let us know if they provide you with any useful information that could help us work on this problem better.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

i made a post on the Asus ROG Forum and am waiting for replies.

Right now i am testing the oldest driver from the Asus site. We will see how it goes.

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if the issue persists.

It is worth mentioning that a new generic driver, version 21.40.2, was released recently. You may give it a try if the OEM drivers still do not fix this problem.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
ACust9
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

I tested the new Drivers and the oldest ones from the Asus website.

The new ones show the same behaviour. I get disconnected.

The oldest drivers show the exact same messages in roughly the same frequency in the event viewer BUT

they do NOT disconnect me (for now). There is no flickering of the device manager indicating a hardware change as with the other drivers.

So, not working:

21.30.3.2 OEM

21.30.3.2 Intel Generic

21.40.1.4 Microsoft update

21.40.2.2 Killer 1650

21.40.2.2 Intel Generic

Same messages in device manager but no disconnects in testing:

working.PNG

This is a bit concerning as they will surely at one point in time just get replaced with automatic updates.

Cheers,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

Thank you for the update and feedback.

If rolling back the driver prevents your computer from having connectivity issues, this indicates that the customized drivers are not working as expected. Also, given that this is a brand-new system, our recommendation is that you can continue working with your OEM so that they can attempt to reproduce this behavior and provide a fix. 

Customized drivers should improve the functionality and overall performance of your computer. For this reason, this is the best course of action at this point.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ACust9,

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Brand new Lenovo has a warranty and support provided by lenovo.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

But, when you purchased this high-end business laptop, you paid Lenovo for support. Are you going to let them off this easily? Sorry, were it me, Lenovo would have a new high-end laptop on their doorstep with a nice nasty gram on it demanding a refund.

Doc

0 Kudos
RLain1
Beginner

Hello, i have the same adapter with the same issue.

So it's Killer 1650, i using latest drivers (2.60.2.1), system disconnect and connect back to router randomly (but - exactly every 180 sec for OpenWRT routers).

"LSO is triggered" in Windows log.

Problem is still there, i hope 180 seconds is a key. What kind of timeout set to 180 in you drivers (not router and wifi standard doesn't have)?

0 Kudos
vbasu
Beginner
  • Go to Your computer and Press the Windows Key + R Together on the keyboard.
  • Type ncpa.cpl and press Ok Or You can Go Manually Go to Control Panel >Network And Internet>Network & Sharing Center >change adapter Settings>Select Your Current WiFi Network Adapter
  • Right Click on it and Go to the Properties then Under the WiFi adapter Settings Please Click on configure
  • Go to the Driver and Hit on Update Driver and you may see a new Box with 2 Options.
  • Click on Search Automatically for updated Driver Software and Get an auto-update.
  • You can also manually install the driver if you want to use the 2nd option. for that, you may need to download the wireless driver from the official laptop manufacturer website and then upload it using the second option.

Source:- WiFi Keeps Disconnecting

0 Kudos
JonasDaWi
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem with this card.

0 Kudos