Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Wifi speed slower than expected

CogitoErgoBibo

My internet service provides 1.2 Gbps

I have a 2.5 Gb modem going into a hardware firewall with a pair of 10 Gb NICs.

This LAN side has a 2.5 Gb managed switch.

On a computer with a 10Gb (ethernet) NIC I get about 1150 Mbps download, give or take 50 Mbps tested throughout the day.

However, devices connected to my RAXE 300 via Wi-Fi max out at 650 Mbs despite having a true Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E 2.5 Gbps NIC.  (note, I disabled Armor) 

I've seen websites that show around 1125 Mbps download speeds with the RAXE 300... why am I seeing such a slow speed?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, CogitoErgoBibo.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It appears you're not reaching the Wi-Fi speeds you expect with your RAXE 300 router. This could be due to several factors:

• Wi-Fi speeds can be significantly affected by interference from other devices and networks. Ensure your router is positioned away from other electronics and uses a Wi-Fi channel with less congestion.

• Have you tried checking the router settings to ensure it's configured for optimal performance? This includes selecting the right frequency band (5 GHz for Wi-Fi 6E) and enabling any performance-enhancing features.

• Have you tried to update your router's firmware? Manufacturers often release updates that improve performance and fix known issues.

• The actual speed you get on a device also depends on its hardware capabilities, the Wi-Fi standard it supports, and the number of devices connected to the network simultaneously.

For further troubleshooting, you might want to consult specific guides or articles that offer detailed steps to improve Wi-Fi connection issues, configure Wi-Fi channels and widths, and address slow receive rates on Intel Wi-Fi adapters.

To assist you more effectively, I would need a comprehensive view of your hardware and software setup. Running an SSU report will provide me with the necessary details like the OS build number, Wi-Fi driver version, and system error logs.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CogitoErgoBibo.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CogitoErgoBibo.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos