Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7568 Discussions

Windows® 11 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters (Installation Failed), WiFi-22.250.1

RMForlenza
Beginner

I am attempting to install Windows 10 and Windows 11 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel Wireless Adapters (WiFi-22.250.1-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe). I have attempted manually downloading and installing after using Intel Driver & Support Assistant. 

Each attempt results in an error dialogue stating ...

One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup.

There is no additional detail provided and I have no way of determining what issues caused the setup to fail. Thus I have no idea what needs fixing so that I can successfully setup the drivers.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you run it As-Administrator?

...S

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner
Yes, I attempted running as administrator with the same results.
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @RMForlenza

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

What is the specific issue you were having before the installation?

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner
Intel Driver and Support Agent told me there was an updated driver

There was no issue occuring prior to the update attempt.
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello RMForlenza

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to attach the report from Intel® System Support Utility for Windows.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello RMForlenza

Thank you for the report.

We noticed that there is a newer version of the wireless driver for your adapter. Please download the file from here: 22.250.1.2

Then, perform a Clean Installation:

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.               Locate the driver you downloaded and Right-click it, then select the option to Run as administrator.

We also noticed that Windows is not up to date, we recommend having the system updated. Please go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner

Same response.

Is there anyway to download the diver files for a manual load, non executable file?

I saw that suggestion in another thread but cannot locate the files.

Also, on multiple computers, I am not able to reply in Edge or Chrome. Any ideas on why? I have to reply in the forum on my phone.

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner

I found the non-executable files and was able to manually load the latest driver.

0 Kudos
Raygust
Beginner

Can you please provide the link for non executable file i am facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
rida
Beginner
0 Kudos
rida
Beginner
I've run the Intel System Support Utility, but it can't attach the report because my laptop isn't connected to the internet
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello RMForlenza

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear that you have found the files and installed the driver. Is it working as expected now?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
RMForlenza
Beginner

Yes, all seems to be working well and the properties on the driver reflect the latest release.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello RMForlenza

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to confirm it, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos