Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7542 Discussions

Wireless wifi is acting weird, need help

Delta4_14
Beginner

I'm not sure what is happening with my Wireless Wifi and how to fully fix it. It started about 2 months ago when my wifi would randomly without any warning just cut out for a few seconds and then start just resume where it was (like the image below). Which would then result in my getting disconnected, or at the very least experience a massive lag spike in any game that I played, and it would even happen when I wasn't in any game and just watching youtube on my browser.  I at first assumed that it was because I was using too much wifi and overloading the amount that I had, which would cause me to get disconnected and the wifi drop. But after finding out that the router had much more than I could've possibly been pulling, I am not sure what could be causing this. I have ran multiple different anti viruses and none of them report that there is any viruses or malware on my PC. I have the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz Wireless adaptor. The 11th Gen Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz processor, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Delta4_14

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand you are experiencing connectivity issues with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+), we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Have you reset your network settings/modem?

·      Have you checked if the issue is present if you connect your PC to another wireless network?

Let’s perform a clean installation of the Wireless driver:

Step 1: Download and save the driver using one of the below options:

·       Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support.

·       Download the latest Wi-Fi Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.               Restart the computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. 

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Delta4_14

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand you are experiencing connectivity issues with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+), we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Have you reset your network settings/modem?

·      Have you checked if the issue is present if you connect your PC to another wireless network?

Let’s perform a clean installation of the Wireless driver:

Step 1: Download and save the driver using one of the below options:

·       Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support.

·       Download the latest Wi-Fi Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.               Restart the computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. 

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Delta4_14
Beginner

Delta4_14_0-1699484298555.png

This is what I should be un-installing correct? (The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz Wireless adaptor)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Yes, that is correct. Two additional comments:
1. Make sure you check the box for "Attempt to remove the driver for this device".
2. Make sure you also delete the Intel Wireless Bluetooth device. It is recommended to do these devices as a pair.
Hope this helps,
...S
Delta4_14
Beginner

Thank you for the help, I have reinstalled both and will update if the issue continues. 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Delta4_14

Thank you for letting us know.

We will follow this up on 11/15, hoping the issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Delta4_14

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check if the issue was completely resolved? 

Let us know if you still need assistance by attaching the required report. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Delta4_14
Beginner

Hello,  Everything has been working great. Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Delta4_14

Thank you for your reply.

We're happy to hear that the problem has been resolved by performing a clean installation of the wireless driver. This information might be useful for other members of the community. As the issue is now fixed, we'll be closing the thread. If you require further assistance, please start a new question as this one will no longer be monitored, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos