Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7562 Discussions

have lost bluettoth driver - help!

MongoMagnificent
Beginner

I don't know if this is the corrected forum but the options are too confusing. I was trying to update the Bluetooth driver on my NUC6i3SYB and it kept failing (very frustrating) so I think I uninstalled the current one and now I cannot install it and have lost bluetooth. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

After reviewing the SSU report attached to your post, following are my observation:

1. Your system is installed in BIOS Legacy mode instead of UEFI mode. Many features will not work in Legacy Mode.

2. You have very old BIOS. The installed BIOS is version 0063, dated Nov 2017, while the latest BIOS is version 0073 dated Sep 2020

3. After Windows installation (before installing any driver), you should installed Chipset Software, reboot computer and then only install the other drivers. The Chipset Software wasn't installed in your NUC.

So, I suggest that you follow the next steps to fix the above problems:

1. Prepare full backup of your system to be able to perform recovery if something will go wrong.

2. Download the latest BIOS SY0073.bio and follow the instruction to update BIOS using F7 method.  Be sure that after BIOS update all settings are set to default as described in the instructions.

3. Convert your Windows from Legacy BIOS mode to UEFI. Follow this manual.

4. Download and install the Intel® Chipset Device Software and reboot your NUC. 

5. Download and install the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver version 22.200.0 (the version included in the download center is not compatible with your NUC). 

6. Download and install the WiFi Driver version 20.200.2

7. Download and install all other missing drivers from the Intel Download Center.  Filter the list of drivers for Windows 10 64 bit.

General comment: I suggest that you download all drivers to your NUC before starting the installation. Then you should disconnect the internet and uninstall all installed drivers. Reboot your NUC and only then start the installation as described in para. 4-7 above.

Leon

View solution in original post

9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi,

You can download the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth for your NUC from this page.

Leon

0 Kudos
MongoMagnificent
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You are right. This is wrong driver in the Intel Download Center. You should use driver version 20.200.0.2 as this is the last driver supporting BT for your NUC. 

Leon

0 Kudos
MongoMagnificent
Beginner

I think it's installed but Bluetooth is not showing in the action centre so I cannot turn it on.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

2. Can you see the Intel Bluetooth Driver in Windows Settings App> Installed Apps?
Leon

0 Kudos
MongoMagnificent
Beginner

I can see it in the list of installed programs. Check Everything file attached.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

After reviewing the SSU report attached to your post, following are my observation:

1. Your system is installed in BIOS Legacy mode instead of UEFI mode. Many features will not work in Legacy Mode.

2. You have very old BIOS. The installed BIOS is version 0063, dated Nov 2017, while the latest BIOS is version 0073 dated Sep 2020

3. After Windows installation (before installing any driver), you should installed Chipset Software, reboot computer and then only install the other drivers. The Chipset Software wasn't installed in your NUC.

So, I suggest that you follow the next steps to fix the above problems:

1. Prepare full backup of your system to be able to perform recovery if something will go wrong.

2. Download the latest BIOS SY0073.bio and follow the instruction to update BIOS using F7 method.  Be sure that after BIOS update all settings are set to default as described in the instructions.

3. Convert your Windows from Legacy BIOS mode to UEFI. Follow this manual.

4. Download and install the Intel® Chipset Device Software and reboot your NUC. 

5. Download and install the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver version 22.200.0 (the version included in the download center is not compatible with your NUC). 

6. Download and install the WiFi Driver version 20.200.2

7. Download and install all other missing drivers from the Intel Download Center.  Filter the list of drivers for Windows 10 64 bit.

General comment: I suggest that you download all drivers to your NUC before starting the installation. Then you should disconnect the internet and uninstall all installed drivers. Reboot your NUC and only then start the installation as described in para. 4-7 above.

Leon

MongoMagnificent
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. So far I have followed your advised and tried to update the bios following the instructions. However it says it should take 2 to 5 minutes but it's been over half an hour now and the screen is blank and the power light has been doing the same flashing sequence all that time.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. In this case, I would suggest to update BIOS using BIOS Recovery with the Yellow Security Jumper Removed:

2.  Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios File SY0073.bio  (you have already downloaded this file for F7 update). Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
3.  Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
4.  Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 55 in Technical Product Specification)
5.  Insert the USB with the SY0073.bio  file into rear USB slot.
6.  Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power, adapter, the USB and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the bottom panel.
8.  Power your NUC ON.
9.  Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
10. Press F9 (followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.

Leon

0 Kudos