Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7542 Discussions

huge packet loss with 22.150.0.3 driver on AX1650

LagunaJim
Beginner

Anyone else having severe issues with the current 22.150.0.3 driver?

If I load a different driver then go back to the 22.150.0.3 the packet loss seems to disappear as if by magic -- but then it comes back not long later.

Now trying out 22.140.0.3 to see if it's more stable.

Very confusing and frustrating - any ideas appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LagunaJim, 

Thanks for your patience. In this, I would like to let you know that it is recommended to use non-insider versions as insider versions are more for testing and reporting "possible bugs". These bugs should be reported to Microsoft so they can work on a fix.

As mentioned before, I recommend you to check with Dell to make sure that you have the right firmware, BIOS, and driver for this model even though it says that is supported.

However, in order to help you please try the following:

1. Just to confirm, did the issue was present also with the original wireless adapter?

2. Try a clean installation with Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite.

3. Test with a non-insider version of Windows. (Use official Windows 11 version 22000)

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LagunaJim,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (i/s).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Where are you seeing the package lost? Can you take a picture or a short video?

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

4. What is your operating system version and build?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
LagunaJim
Beginner

Hello.  So I installed a new network adapter today:  Intel Killer AX1675 (based on AX210 as you know).

To answer your questions - no this is not the original network adapter installed in my DESKTOP Alienware pc that takes an M.2 internal wifi adapter such as the AX1675.  Running Windows 11 Insider Dev build 25188 x64 on a 2019 Alienware Aurora R8 with Skylake/Kabylake.

Have been experimenting with various driver versions:

1)  An old 22.0.1.5 driver that Microsoft has native in Windows 11 works fine - no disconnects/resets.

2)  22.100.0.3 provided by Windows Update seems to work well, no disconnects/resets yet after a couple hours.

3)  ** 22.150.1.1 (newest from Intel) ** ran for about two hours, then the wifi adapter "crashes" for about 30 seconds, resets itself and then reconnects and runs great for another couple of hours where the cycle repeats.  I believe this is a known scenario at Intel.

4)  22.150.0.3 (Intel's current release version for this adapter) is up for testing now.  Will advise.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LagunaJim, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your response I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you using the antennas for the wireless adapters?

2. Which adapter came preinstalled with your desktop computer?

3. Did you notice any issues with the latest Intel drivers?

4. Just to confirm, did you replace the AX1650 with the AX1675?

5. Did you notice this issue with the latest driver from Dell? Bear in mind that our drivers are generic and the driver from Dell are customized to work and be compatible with your computer.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
LagunaJim
Beginner

Hello.  I am using the internal Dell Alienware antennas that came with my computer.

The original network adapter installed by Dell was an Intel Killer AX1650 (AX200) so I have only moved one model up to the AX1675 (AX210).

There are not special "Dell drivers" for my device - not for the AX1650 or the AX1675.  They are all Intel drivers.  Dell is currently offering v22.130.0.5 for this network adapter.

Good news: 

I ran for hours today on oldest driver I've got, ver 22.0.1.5 - no problems at all.  So, we know there's nothing wrong with my hardware or wifi network router/internet service.

The newest driver I've found, 22.150.1.1 (6/21/2022) experienced the crash every two hours, same with 22.150.0.3 (5/24/2022) - crash every 2 hours.

Now that I know 22.0.1.5 (driver date 1/17/2021) works and my hardware is all good, I'm testing 22.100.0.3 (10/18/2021) .

Thanks/jim

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LagunaJim, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

I recommend you check with Dell to confirm that you have the proper drivers and firmware approved by Dell installed on your computer. Bear in mind that Dell may have set the laptop to work with their own customized drivers or with a specific generic driver version.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LagunaJim, 

Thanks for your patience. In this, I would like to let you know that it is recommended to use non-insider versions as insider versions are more for testing and reporting "possible bugs". These bugs should be reported to Microsoft so they can work on a fix.

As mentioned before, I recommend you to check with Dell to make sure that you have the right firmware, BIOS, and driver for this model even though it says that is supported.

However, in order to help you please try the following:

1. Just to confirm, did the issue was present also with the original wireless adapter?

2. Try a clean installation with Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite.

3. Test with a non-insider version of Windows. (Use official Windows 11 version 22000)

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos