Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

intel 9260 WIRELESS CARD compatibility with HP PAVILION LAPTOP

Jpete60
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask HP that question.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jpete60
Beginner
thanks but once your warranty expires the phone prompt requires payments even for questions as far as i can determine.....I think i am just going to have the 9260 card installed....mainly because I see speed status in wifi properties max out at 433 mbps and I am getting less than half of that now so  I would highly doubt I have a 10/100/1000 card in my HP....probably a 10/100....from all on line research I have done it seems to be compatible with windows 10 and similar installs, but thanks for responding
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You cannot simply install the card. You need to consult with HP support for THEIR laptop.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

We here cannot tell you if it will work. It is just one wifi card, and there are hundreds of laptops that it may, or may not, be compatible with.

As far as HP charging for support, well, I am restricted as to what I really want to say about that. Next time, do not purchase HP.

Doc

0 Kudos
Jpete60
Beginner
0 Kudos