Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

network adapter 9260 issue

mmasba
Beginner

Hi

when i want to run an application exe on my laptop (DELL) (intel 9260) give me this message

"please enable network adapter AC-9260)(attached image)  although the driver works well and i can access wifi network ... i try all solutions that i searched ... please can you help me to solve this problem

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

To avoid a lot of back-and-forth, please enumerate what things you've tried, what versions of the wireless drivers you've tried, etc. We'll also need information about your system and its configuration. To this end, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
mmasba
Beginner

thank you for your reply

i try to run a protected video with exe format ... i can run at other laptops but at this laptop i can't and the message appears as i clarify above ... attached scan copy that you mention

thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, this is beyond me. Intel Customer Support will need to step in and look at this...

...S

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @mmasba

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am glad that Mr. Scott jumped in and helped you in the meantime. I will gladly assist you here in this case. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel wireless AC-9260 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)? 
  2. Was it working fine before? 
  3. Is there any yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager? 
  4. Make sure that your network adapter is enabled: 
    1. Open Start.  
    2. Search for Device Manager, and click the top result.  
    3. Expand the Network adapters category.  
    4. Right-click the adapter. 
    5. Select Enable device option. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @mmasba.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @mmasba.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos