Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

supporting monitor mode and packet injection.

zando
Beginner

does 'Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz' support monitor mode and packet injection.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

zando, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, based on the details shown in the link below, Monitor mode and package injection are not supported by Intel® wireless adapters:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058933/wireless/intel-wireless-ac-products.html

Since the products supported on this page do not include the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) card, I will do further research to confirm those details and as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello zando, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we can confirm that Windows* Monitor mode and package injection are not supported on Intel® wireless adapters. This also applies to the promiscuous mode. EVen though there is no public documentation available about it, you can always the following command line that will return what is and what is not supported for your wireless card:

- netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities

Linux does support monitor mode but depends on the Linux driver. The command line '# iw list' will return what is and what is not supported for his wireless card. In this case, it will be needed to check directly with the WiFi Linux community about setting up monitor mode or package injection on Linux:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
k4rt
Beginner

i think it might work for monitor mode and injection its just the matte of installing the driver for realtek 802.11ac i am about to test it but before this it worked in monitor mode for me on kali linux

0 Kudos
jbendes
Beginner

Did you ever get this working? And if so, did it require kernel driver modification to do packet injection on the AX210? What packet injection rates were you able to achieve?

0 Kudos
Beginner
I am curious about the packet injection as well
0 Kudos