Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20725 Discussions

Error when synthesising SignalTap embeded project.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

When I compile my project that uses SignalTap, there is an error like this: 

Internal Error: Sub-system: AMERGE, File: /quartus/atm/amerge/amerge_incr_tap.cpp, Line: 4711 

Instance name multiply shared. Unexpected. See debug message. 

Stack Trace: 

Do you have this problem? Can you give me your advice? 

Many thanks. 

Tuan
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whenever you get an internal error, file a service request at https://mysupport.altera.com/. Provide the Quartus project that produces the internal error and instructions that will enable an applications engineer to reproduce it. 

The cause of an internal error could be a bug in Quartus or something you did wrong for which Quartus doesn't have a more graceful error message. 

AMERGE and atm look like something to do with incremental compilation. (Incremental compilation stores the results for each design partition in an .atm file, and partition merge is a compilation step with incremental compilation.) Maybe you can use SignalTap without trying to preserve previous compilation results with incremental compilation. It will make your compile time longer, but maybe it will let you continue with your design debugging.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

If have these error too. 

Internal Error: Sub-system: AMERGE, File: /quartus/atm/amerge/amerge_kpt_op.cpp, Line: 167 

Where i can disable the incremental compilation?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't use ä ü ö in Quartus! Then it works fine :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Where i can disable the incremental compilation? 

--- Quote End ---  

Assignments --> Settings --> Compilation Process Settings --> Incremental Compilation --> Off
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Honkmichi, please also file a service request at https://mysupport.altera.com/ providing the Quartus project that produces the internal error so that Altera can fix it.

0 Kudos