FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6365 Discussions

Problems using Video & Image Processing Suite

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have this problem when i wish to implement the suite using Simulink 

When i drag,say the scaler blockset, and double click it 

I received the following error message 

"Error evaluating 'OpenFcn' callback of IEntityImport AlteraBlockset block (mask) 'csc_v7_2'. Undefined variable "com" or class"com.altera.dspbuilder.simluation.Mask.simpleInit"." 

Please Help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It could be something isn't registered correctly, if your using the latest version of the tools (7.2) make sure you have the IP installed and a version of matlab that works with 7.2 (check the release notes). If your having issues you may want to try reinstalling DSP Builder. 

Also, make sure if your using an existing MDL that it works for the version of DSP Builder your using. It could be that you have a older version of a demo that has an old version of IP, and you may not have that installed. 

x
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I bought a DK-Video-2C70N development kit this year and it came with Quartus II v6.0 CD and all others CDs associated with this version (Megacore IP Library v6.0, Nios II v6.0, DSP Builder v6.0.1, DSP Development Kit v6.0.1 and Cyclone II Video Daughtercard v1.0.0) and a copy of Matlab R2007b.  

As I am using version 9.0 of the Quartus II Web Edition, I decided to install the updated components (DSPBuilder v9.0). I'm also using version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a) of Matlab. 

However, I can't run the examples of the kit. The project Video_IP_Example_Design refers to files that do not exist, as DSPBUILDER.VHD and DSPBUILDERPACK.VHD. When opening the file exemple_design_data_path_sim.mdl error messages appear for image processing megacores, such as:  

Warning: Error evaluating 'LoadFcn' callback of HDLEntity AlteraBlockSet block (mask)  

'example_design_data_path_sim/scaler_v1_0_0'. Error using ==> open_system  

Undefined function or variable 'MegaCoreAltrBlkLoadFnc'.  

When I open the component in Simulink, the error message appears: 

http://maxluppe.vilabol.uol.com.br/Imagens/erro-simulink.JPG  

I followed all instructions to install the packages. Can some one help me to install the image processing cores into Matlab Simulink?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Max, 

DSP Builder is no longer supported as of about Quartus 8.0. As such, you won't be able to 'upgrade' that design as is. The good news is VIP is much easier to use now with SOPC, and the Cyclone3 boards use this flow.  

Now that there is a bunch of non-algorithmic IP, its possible to put the entire pipeline together and SOPC is a better environment for this as all the IP easily plugs together, so I rarely am compelled to simulate the entire system, just custom blocks. 

x
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

that's correct, DSP Builder 8.1 was the last version to support VIP Suite.

0 Kudos