oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Intel OneApi 2023 Installation Issue with MS Visual Studio 2022 (v 17.4.3)

macxfadz
Novice

Please go through the attached images and log file.

Could you facilitate a solution without uninstalling the current visual studio? Or else do we have to wait until the next release of One API? Because I have encountered the same issue with the last version as well, please go through this link as well - Previous Problem.

!
Please tell an elegant solution other than installing visual studio 2019.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Buddhika, thank you for sharing the files with us. We will check the log files and soon share an update with you on this issue.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

Hi Arpan,
Thank you very much for quick response, please could you able to give quick solution ? 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, this is compatibility issue during integration of our compilers with the VS 2022 and it's builds. We tracked it down to a DLL file in the software which is pushed with the 2022 version of the Microsoft IDE. For users using legacy Intel® Parallel Studio XE software, we suggest to uninstall the VS 2022 entirely.

When using VS 2022, as a workaround, you can back up and substitute Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll by the similar library from Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 for the time of installation, modification, or uninstallation of Intel® oneAPI or Intel® Parallel Studio XE products, and then move the original one back. This would however require you to install VS 2019 in a different system to get access to the DLL file, which we seem you do not prefer to.

Note that this library is being upgraded by Microsoft Visual Studio, so if Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 has ever been installed, the library will most likely be of the new (problematic) version. You need a clean machine to obtain the older version of the library by installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.

The DLL file path> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dl

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel  , So Completely Uninstall and cleanup VS2022 residuals and Install it as fresh installation will fix the issue right? 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, you do not have to uninstall VS 2022. 

Please follow the below steps:

• Copy the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll of the 2022 installation to an arbitrary location as a backup, in case the workaround fails
  • If you have VS 2019 installed on a fresh system, copy the .DLL file from the 2019 installation and replace the .DLL file of the VS 2022 installation with the .DLL file of the 2019 installation

The default location of the .DLL's for both the installations is:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel Could you please mention, Is there any chance to resolve this issue without installing VS2019 alongside with VS 2022? 
Because I've already setup everything with my VS 2022, I have no space to install VS2019, Could you response as soon as possible ?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, the workaround would require you to install the VS 2019 to retrieve the .DLL file from the installation. Without installing it, the workaround does not work.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel  I did , Instaleld the VS2019 but same results, can't install the OneAPI, please could you share these DLLs then it would be easy for more clarification and time consuming

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel , I replaced the SetupFiles by VS2019 once, and already installed VS2019 alongside with VS2022 , but nothing working from me, I am truly in frustrated mode, since all these workarounds never worked for me, if Intel OneAPI Dev/QA and MS Visual Studio Dev/QAteams could sync up their latest installation configuration utilities up to par, up to date, Customers never have to fell in to these sort of hot water situation, Here, I attached VS2019 , SETUP Dlls, and latest log file generated by the OneAPI installer.
Please facilitate some sort of elegant solution.
For the sake of having intel compiler and vtune, I reinstalled VS2022 and VS2019 again. 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, we thank you for sharing the update and the files with us.

We have shared some information internally with you. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, we have again shared some information with your privately. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

macxfadz_0-1674757944584.png

@ArpanB_Intel   - Unfortunately , I coudln't notice any messaages.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, we learnt from you internally that the suggestion did not resolve your issue.

We have internally shared further update with you. Please check you inbox for more information.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel 
After I ran everything as you said for the offline installer it went wrong like this:

1. First go through the respective log folder created by the installer under user "temp" folder

which is - intel_oneapi_installer.7z

• And log file created after the error state of the installer which is - "installer.install.intel.oneapi.win.basekit.product,v=2023.0.0-25940.2023.01.27.22.34.04.054388.log"
  • Process went as description below:
  • Started the installer by given arguments

macxfadz_0-1674840060664.jpeg

• Installer has created the loggers in Temp folder

macxfadz_1-1674840169044.jpeg

• Couldn't change the installation targert directory there was an error state of installer stating the reason as following image
    macxfadz_2-1674840307457.png

but this folder I had created few weeks back after failed installing attempts I deleted it, but previous IntelOneAPI has been intalled this directory few months back before this issue has been raised after updtating to latest Visual Studio 2022.4

• This is the " E: " drive

macxfadz_4-1674840488171.jpeg

• As usual this is the finalized error window from the installer

macxfadz_5-1674840540303.jpeg

Hope this might help you to back trace the issue and find the solution as soon as possible, as I am some what pretty blocking by this issue , hope you all understand my situaion as Engineers :).
Looking forward to hearing from you and please find all attachments.

0 Kudos
macxfadz
Novice

@ArpanB_Intel , Is there any hidden system registry entry or file structure that has been created by the installer to holds the history or caching? May I know these places and attempt to delete those may cause to successful installing , Because it's still knows where was my very old installtion location , but not exist in my system currently that's one of root cauases. 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, we appreciate you for sharing your findings with us. We will reach out to you soon with our findings.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Buddhika, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos