oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1295 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 will not install

drew_c
Beginner

I am trying to install Intel Parallel Studio XE 202 onto a Windows 10 machine and the install gets to the splash screen and then quits. 

I have VS 2019 Professional installed. 

I have tried a complete uninstall of VS and Intel and a re-install of VS and still get the same issue with the Intel install. There are no error messages or anything, just a splash screen then nothing. 

There is a log file that is being written to: C:\Users\USACEAdmin\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2020_UsaceAdmin\2023.10.11_12.49.29_00003740\log

Any help would be appreciated. I have also tried 2021 OneAPI and have the same issue. I can't get past the splash screen.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

This is more a question for the Installation Forum. I am moving this over there.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Andrew, please note that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.1.0 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. For more information refer to the link: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Versions. Kindly note that the support is limited for older versions.

To help you with your query, we would suggest you to go through the below link and try the troubleshooting steps provided.

https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/Intel-Fortran-installation-hangs-on-splash-screen/m-p/1379087#M2876

0 Kudos
drew_c
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I had tried the steps in that older forum before posting and that did not resolve the issue. I am trying with Parallel Studio XE 2020 because that had worked for me in the past. I had previously tried oneAPI and had the same issue. The install does not get past the splash screen.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Andrew, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Andrew, thank you for your confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.  

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos