oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Python 2022.3.1 installation hangs

Zaphod
Beginner

On a redhat 8.7 system trying to install oneapi python. Other oneapi packages install fine. Other solutions I have seen suggest a "clean" install as a workaround. That isn't practical on a server with many concurrent users. Running the l_AIKit_p_2022.3.1.20890_offline.sh script, I was able to update all components other than python. Then running it to install 2022.2.1 Intel Distribution for Python, it hangs at 87% "Installing 44 of 48: Intel Distribution for Python"

Didn't see any errors or pending actions in the log. Used the gui "cancel" button to no effect. Did a command line kill of the process

python bin/conda create -y --prefix  /foo -c /bar oneapi/conda_channel --override-channels --offline --file ./setup_scripts/.intelpython3_2022.2.0_ipy_pkgs_env_support.txt

Logs just show rollbacks. Proceeded to run "repair" on installed products for oneAPI HCP Toolkit, v.2022.3, oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit, and oneAPI Base Toolkit. All seems fine. Returned to the oneAPI Base Toolkit, v2022.3 and selected to add the Intel Distribution for Python, 2022.2.1 and skipped the Eclipse IDE configuration. Again, this proceeds to "Installing 44 of 48:Intel Distribution for Python" and hangs. The latest entry in the log shows a successful checksum of the file:

/var/intel/installercache/downloadcache/intel.oneapi.lin.python3,v=2022.2.1-17274/exec_script.sh

It looks like later activity is occurring in the python conda create process, as above. Following the processes/parent processes it looks like there might be a spelling error in the prefix set for

python conda create -y -- prefix /oneapi/intelpython/latest/env/2022.2.1 -c channel ...

Looks like envs shouls be env

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, please share the below details with us:

• The OS build on which you are installing the software
  • The version of Visual Studio installed along with it's build number
  • Information on any other version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on your system or not

We await your response.

0 Kudos
Zaphod
Beginner

As I said above, this is Redhat 8.7.  More specifically from /proc/version,

Linux version 4.18.0-372.16.1.el8_6.x86_64 (mockbuild@x86-vm-08.build.eng.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 8.5.0 20210514

Red Hat 8.5.0-10) (GCC)) #1 SMP Tue Jun 28 03:02:21 EDT 2022

Visual studio? I don't see any "code" rpm. While I have copied an external filesystem over, the only installations I have done have been within the oneapi package. Any specific files I should search for that might be from an ancient install on this external filesystem?

The previous system might have had intel parallel studio installed, but I see no evidence of it now. Any residual files to look for?

I have installed the 2022.2 oneapi as well as this 2022.3.1 version. The previous system had versions 2021 and 2022.1 installed on this external filesystem, but I have renamed this directory "oneapi.prev" and shouldn't have anything to do with current installs.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, thank you for the update.

The Linux distribution should support the package. The issue could be related to the versions of Intel® Distribution for Python* already installed, however we would need to logs for further investigation.

Could you share the log files with us from the installation directory? We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos