oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1291 Discussions

Uninstall OneAPI after failed install (Linux)

Fruchtl__Herbert

My installation of the OneAPI Base Toolkit was interrupted. I deleted the directory it was installing to (probably a mistake...). Now any attempt to either repair or uninstall it via the installer just hangs. Can I manually purge it completely, so I can start from scratch? Where is the information about installed packages stored?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Herbert, manual removal of the installation folder (not recommended) does not uninstall the oneAPI toolkits completely. Incorrect uninstallation may block future installations. If you still need to remove the toolkit manually, make sure to clean up the system correctly and remove the following:

• Installation folder
  • Installer cache, located at /var/intel/installercache/* (root) or <user home>/intel/installercache/* (user), including:
  1. packages cache at /var/intel/installercache/packagescache (root) or <user home>/intel/installercache/packagescache (user)
  2. download cache at /var/intel/installercache/downloadcache/ (root) or <user home>/intel/installercache/downloadcache (user)
  3. (Optional) package manager database /var/intel/packagemanager.db (root) or <user home>/intel/packagemanager.db (user)
  • Installer and package manager executables, located at /opt/intel/oneapi/installer/ (root) or <user home>/intel/oneapi/installer/ (user) and /opt/intel/packagemanager/ (root) or <user home>/intel/packagemanager/ (user), respectively.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Herbert, we assume your issue was addressed.

If you have any additional queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos