oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1302 Discussions

reinstallation of Intel Fortran compiler on a replacement computer

RLC1
Beginner

Attempting to reinstall Intel Fortran compiler on a new computer which replaced my old computer.  Installation aborts (installation screen disappears) almost immediately after initiation.  I have the serial number required for the installation but never get to that point in the installation.  Suspect that I need to have a new license file tied to host ID for the replacement computer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ron_Green

I will move this over to our Startup support forum.  Make sure this older compiler is being installed to a system with a supported OS for the age of that compiler.  For example, a v15 compiler may not run under Win11.  Read the System Requirements for your compiler in the Release notes.

0 Kudos
RLC1
Beginner

The Intel Fortran compiler installation file (parallel_studio_xe_2020_update1_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup.exe) can be seen to be of 2020 vintage and it was previously running on a Window 10 computer as is my newer Windows 10 computer which has a much larger hard drive capacity.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Richard, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Richard, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from me.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos