oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1296 Discussions

unable to register my license, unable to install

Dan_J_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a paid license that was renewed earlier this year for  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux. In is valid till Feb 2024.

Now getting an error trying to intall parallel_studio_xe_2020_update4_composer_edition_for_cpp.

I'm also getting an error when I try to register this SN,

and for some reason not able to open a support ticket either.

Please advise

Dan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Dan, we have contacted you internally to gather some information. Please check your inbox and respond to us internally as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
Dan_J_
Beginner

inbox in this support site showing 0 messages.

can you advise which inbox you are refering to?

thanks

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dan, we have again contacted you internally to gather some information.

On the community portal, please click on your profile icon on the top right. From the drop down menu, click on Messages, to check your messages.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dan, thank you for the update. Please share the below information with us:

- Linux distribution on which you are installing the software

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on your system

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: opt/intel/oneapi/logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: /tmp/intel.pset.<user>.<machine>.<timestamp>.log

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Dan_J_
Beginner

Trying to install inside a docker image built on CentOS 7.

I am passing the --silent flag to the installer followed by a configuration file that includes the serial number using ACTIVATION_SERIAL_NUMBER=xxxxxx and ACTIVATION_TYPE=serial_number

We have use this method for years, including using this very same version of the offline parallel_studio_xe_2020_update4_composer_edition_for_cpp.tgz

This is the error message:

#0 5.022 Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due  
#0 5.022 to expired subscription, incompatible serial number, or unavailable Intel(R)
#0 5.022 Software License Manager.
#0 5.998 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you confirm my serial number and license is indeed valid as it should be?

Dan

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dan, please we have shared a license file with you internally. Please download it.

Visit the directory: /opt/Intel/licenses, and delete all older license files. We suggest you proceed with the installation using the license file we shared with you.

0 Kudos
Dan_J_
Beginner

thank you.

can you advise how to use the file with the --silent option?
I assume I need to somehow specify to the installer that I want to use the file instead of activation by serial number ( ACTIVATION_SERIAL_NUMBER=xxxxxx and ACTIVATION_TYPE=serial_number) ?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dan, please visit here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/678957/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2020-installation-guide-for-linux-os.html, and scroll down to the 3.4 Silent Install Mode section for guidance on silent installation.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dan, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos