Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Multi source problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I am designing a booth multiplier, while adding the partial products it is showing multisource problem. the partial products being stored in array.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You will need to provide a little more detail to this in order for someone to help you. 

Perhaps a chunk of the code? 

What do you mean by the term "it" is showing multisource? 

Is "it" the array that the partial product is begin stored in? 

Is the Array a block Memory, or a register set? 

More details please.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have used a radix4 booth algorithm and generating 4partial product which is stored in the array and then it is left shifted according to possition to be added together. i am attaching the main code for your reference. this problem occurs when I am using adders.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not really a wizard with you coding style, and I do not see the component code pieces but my guess is that you are not registering certain outputs, or indexing certain items into registers to temporarilly hold the partial products. 

Something like this is resulting in the error message about multi sourcing. 

Rather than using all the generate statements, try building a much simpler version with maybe 2x2 or 3x3 first and work out the issue. 

Once that is figured out, then you can add the generate functions to get the language to help you out. 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have used a radix4 booth algorithm and generating 4partial product which is stored in the array and then it is left shifted according to possition to be added together. i am attaching the main code for your reference. this problem occurs when I am using adders. 

--- Quote End ---  

Solution to multisource: The problem is being solved by starting the array row headers from 1 instead 0;
0 Kudos