Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Lan91c111 driver without LWIP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am trying another approach to improve the overall performance of the Nios2 Ethernet throughput. I have used the plugs library along with Nios1 SDK in the past and the performance was very good. But now, with the uCOS2 and LWIP around, the ethernet become terrible. 

I am trying to get rid of the LWIP and the uCOS2 and import the plugs library to Nios2 platform, since the plugs lib is much more simpler than the LWIP stack and would be faster. 

Now, the problem is that the driver Lan91c111 chip provided along the development kit is designed for the LWIP and uCOS2, but it is hard for me to change it for the plugs library. I wonder if anybody have done this or something similiar before that can give me some help. 

Thanks!! 

Mason
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've designed a driver for a Micrel controller. So I have interfaced the driver with the LWIP stack running with ucOsII. I know, your question is different but i think the problem is similar. If you ask me particular question I could help you. 

bye
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone! 

Mason, what you said it&#39;s really true! http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif  

I got a lot of problems using LWIP. 

I think the same way to change to plugs. 

I don&#39;t have anything here, but I think I will try to get this plugs works. 

If there is someone that has this code, please send us this code. 

Thanks, 

Nosima
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by nosima@Sep 21 2006, 09:56 AM 

hi everyone! 

mason, what you said it&#39;s really true!  http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#emo_dir#>/smile.gif  

i got a lot of problems using lwip. 

i think the same way to change to plugs. 

i don&#39;t have anything here, but i think i will try to get this plugs works. 

if there is someone that has this code, please send us this code. 

thanks, 

nosima 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=18392) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hello Nosima, 

the source code of the plugs library and the driver of the Lan91c111 chip are all included in the Quartus II installation, in the "sopc\components\lan91c111" folder. 

Mason
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Has anyone succesfully used the plugs library in NiosII??? I&#39;m new to NiosII and need some help. 

Thanks!!!!
0 Kudos