Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

problems with variable refresh rate on aoc 24g2e5

Nawafsyauqi
Beginner

hi, just recently bought intel arc a770 8gb. the thing run as it should be, but it doesn't support variable refresh rate, my monitor does support freesync and 75hz refresh rate. I connected to hdmi but the issue still same, am i need to use display port cable instead?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

At the moment HDMI is not supported in order to activate Adaptive Sync/Freesync, please re-test with a DP cable and let us know if the same issue happens. You can check the requirements to use Variable Refresh Rate in the following link:

Does My Intel Graphics Support Intel® Adaptive Sync?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

We understand that you have re-tested with a DP cable and the same issue persists. In this case, please let us know if you are using any type of video adapter and we would like to get your system's specs to check for a possible driver update that might be required, so please share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Nawafsyauqi
Beginner

hi, i paired my asrock a770 pg with ryzen 5 pro 4650g, the vega apu run just fine when i enable freesync via monitor button, only with intel arc a770 i experienced white screen when i turn it on from monitor physical button you may call it

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

Please make sure that VRR is also activated in Arc Control, not sure if it will automatically activate it in the driver by just using the monitor's button.

1. Go to Intel® Arc™ Control(Alt+i)
  2. Select Display
  3. Select Per-Display Settings
  4. Select Enable Variable Refresh Rate

After making sure VRR is activated, and if the issue continues, I have a couple of recommendations to prevent any driver conflict problems:

• Based on the log file you provided I see you are currently using the latest driver, however, I would advise a reinstallation using Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall the latest driver 31.0.101.4972.
  • Disable your iGPU (AMD integrated graphics) from your motherboard's BIOS menu.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

Were you able to perform the recommended troubleshooting steps we recommended in our previous post? Please let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

I hope the recommendations we provided in our previous post helped to resolve the blank screen issue when enabling VRR on your system. Since there are no further questions we will be closing this thread, if you need further assistance feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nawafsyauqi

Just as an extra recommendation before we close this thread, we want to advise you to make sure Variable Refresh Rate is enabled in the Intel® Graphics Command Center and also enable VRR through Windows.

Best Regard,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos