Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Technical Assistance Required-----P/N: SW-ONE-QUARTUS

MO-WING
Novice

QF28DF1 Hello Team,

One of our customers is requesting support for SW-ONE-QUARTUS. The describe the problem as following.

-----------------------------

"We have two SW-ONE-QUARTUS licenses from Altera/Intel and would need the "Partial Reconfiguration" feature. According to Intel's data sheet, this has to be additionally licensed in the standard version of Quartus, but I can't find any article/price information about it. Can you send me price information for the necessary additional license here? Or, as an alternative, the price information or item number for the "Professional" version of Quartus that includes the feature?" -----------------------------

Can you please advise on this?

Thank you. 

Kind Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What is the target device?  PR is really only available in Arria 10, Stratix 10 and later and it works much better in Quartus Pro (required for Stratix 10 and above, optional for Arria 10).

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi MO-WING

Just dropping by to check whether you have any follow up/update from your end?

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello,

I have provided the information to customer. Once I receive an update I will advise you back.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
MO-WING
Novice

Hello,

Received a response from the customer. Thank you.

Regarding the target device, we are using the Cyclone V: 5CGXFC7C7F23C8 in Quartus Prime, but also the Cyclone 10 GX: 10CX085YU484I6G in Quartus Prime Pro.

The Intel support website states that some Cyclone V part numbers are capable of partial reconfiguration:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683694/current/summary-of-features.html

However, when I try to do this in Quartus, I get a message that I do not have the partial reconfiguration licence, which must be purchased
separately.
Intel also displays this information:

https://www.intel.la/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/documents/quartus-prime-compare-editions-guide.pdf

Can we obtain this additional licence? 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos