Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14718 Discussions

I9 14900k crashing

JakoGaming
Beginner
Hi , my name is jako , i recently build a pc using the i9 14900k , everything is new out of the box , i got decent cooling ( corsair 360 aio ) , good thermal paste ( grizly) , 12 extra case fans etc ...and still cant play any good game becouse it crashes ..some games are not even loading ..i start them then procesor go to the roof with temperature then back to windows ...or sometimes even turn off completly . Im desperate dunno what to do , it afects me big time because i.m a new streamer in my country and this ruins all my stuff . Ps : sorry for my english , i tried my best
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JakoGaming, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I'm sorry to hear about the crashes that you are experiencing. To further determine what is causing this issue, we need to be more familiar with your system. As such, kindly share with us your SSU logs. Additionally, could you list out the games that experienced crashes? The reason I ask is because I want to check for possible common issues with the games. Lastly, please share with us the troubleshooting steps you have already taken so we can be more efficient with our recommendation. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JakoGaming
Beginner

Hi  RamyerM , nice to meet u , and thank you for responding on my post . I installed the ssu software that u asked for and put the resulting logs in the attachment , the games i had issues was Planet Crafter ( most crashes from all of them , it crashes random during my livestream like 5 times in 2 hours ) , then got problems with Grounded ( when i try to start the game it gives me an error about memory , i played that game with older graphics card and procesor using the maximimum settings and had no issues , now with beter gear it say that memory error that have no sense ) , and last game i had problems was V Rising ( the game just dont start , it was loading then go back to windows ) . As for the troubleshooting i dont know how to do it and show u the result , if u have any recommendation pls let me know and i will do my best to make it ( ps. im not like a professional pc builder or software guy ..pls make it easy for me if possible ) 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JakoGaming, 

Thank you for sharing us this logs. For now, let us try to make sure your system is in optimal settings. I did notice some of your drivers needs to be updated. As such, please update them to the following versions: 

As for the BIOS version, I can see there are two models of the Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ICE. Would you be able to confirm if you have the Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ICE 1.0 or the Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ICE 1.1? As much as I want to confirm this for you, our support is limited when it comes to Original Equipment Manufacturer Devices. This information is critical as this will allow us to determine what BIOS version has been recommended by your OEM. 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
JakoGaming
Beginner

I made some print screens of my drivers and put them in the atach , i check all of them and got them to the last version available , i check also the bios version it was f4h , now i updated to f5a ( the last one i see available on their site )  .

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JakoGaming, 

Thank you for following my initial recommendation. Since the issue still persists we kindly ask for your to apply the following settings in your BIOS: Updated Guidance RE: Reports of 13th/14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Processor Stability Issues

For precise instructions tailored to your motherboard's specific BIOS naming convention, we recommend consulting directly with the motherboard's manufacturer.

By the way, in the control panel, what is the power scheme that you are currently using? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JakoGaming, 

I am just checking in if you were able to follow my previous recommendation. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
JakoGaming
Beginner
Hi , sorry for not responding for a few days but the settings i need to make in the bios was too much for my knowlege so i need to ask some people to help me out and i found something that i think was the problem. It seems that the procesor drained to much power on bios default settings . So as a recomandation from the guy that helped me out i did this :
1 - reset bios to default ( in my case was on optimisation profile )
2 - set the power limit 1 and 2 to 253
3 - enable xmp ( i have 2 xmp profile and since i didnt know wich one is beter i enable xmp 1 )
Then save and exit ... i did same things that caused me problems and nothing hapened anymore , no crashes , no memory error , no blue screen , temps are much lower than before . The only problem is that when i did a benchmark on cinebench i lost some performance points .... but im glad that i can use my pc now , and wait for intel to find out whar happened there and i hope we get a proper fix. Thx for your time and pls let me know if is ok what i did
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JakoGaming, 

Thank you for updating us. I can see that you have seek assistance with another technician and now you are able to use your pc. The best way to determine the effectiveness of their recommendation is through the results in your system performance. How is it doing so far? Feel free to let us know if you are still encountering any issues. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
JakoGaming
Beginner
Last day i streamed V Rising game on max settings on youtube for 4 hours with recording in the same time , temperatures was between 60 to 70 in high loads and around 50 in less demanding areas , gameplay was smoth , no problems at all , sistem is stable so far , if any problem apear again i will let u know , thank u .
0 Kudos