Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14655 Discussions

USB 3 port on HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook stopped delivering USB 3 speeds

Alxrod
Beginner

Hi everyone.

I have an issue that been unable to solve. I have 3 USB ports on my laptop, 2 x USB 2 and 1x USB 3. For years, I've had a UA Apollo Twin Audio Interface that is used to record instruments into the computer, connected to the USB 3 (the interface requires a USB 3 connection) but 3 days ago, for whatever reason, I turned the computer on and got a pop up window generated by the interface telling me that no USB 3 connection is being detected.

I've uninstalled the drivers via Device Manager, downloaded every single driver and software I could find on both HP support and Intel pages, I have uninstalled and re-installed the Audio Interface software and drivers and even updated the BIOS firmware but still showing the pop-up window that no USB 3 is being detected so I'm out of ideas now to what may have happened for the computer port to suddenly stop working as a USB 3 connection. The port itself still works but works only as USB 2 speed I guess.

Specs of the computer as an image is attached

Please help!

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Alxrod,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Have you made any changes to the system before the issue started? And have you already contacted your system manufacturer, which is HP?

Furthermore, please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, especially the errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Alxrod, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos