Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Data Comparator and CSR block of Flash Memories INTEL p/n's DD28F032SA-100 & DD28F032SA-070

Jesus_Flores
Beginner

Hello,

We need further details about the obsolete Flash Memories INTEL p/n's DD28F032SA-100 & DD28F032SA-070.

We identified a Data Comparator and CSR block (Figure 1. Block Diagram of 16-Mbit Devices in DD28F032SA) in DD28F032SA datasheet but unfortunately, we cannot find anywhere in the datasheet where Intel Acknowledge / describing the operation.

1. Could you provide any additional information on these block functions when the device is command to “Program”?

For example, when the device is commanded to program, What does the Data Comparator block compare?

2. Could you confirm if the write failed status is derived from a readback of the data to ensure the cell write actually took place?

Looks like that’s probably the case from the datasheet but it doesn’t outright state that.

3. We want to know if when we program the part with data, Is there a readback of the data to ensure the cell write actually took place?

If yes, a high-level description referencing the block diagram of the data sheet should be sufficient.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you're posting in the wrong location.  This forum is for FPGA devices, not flash memories.

0 Kudos
Jesus_Flores
Beginner

Intel told me that they have not supported flash memories since 2006 and due this product was discontinued, they no longer provides support for inquiries related to it.

However, I also was told by Intel Customer Support to post my question here on this community to see if someone can help me with my question.

0 Kudos