cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

By the way, I don't think you have TRIM working, or maybe it's because you're not in AHCI. Here is a picture of what I get with AS SSD for my 80 GB SSD:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Nop, I only reconnected the other drives after I made the screenshot of the benchmark.

The 100MB system reserved partition is created automatically by windows 7 during the instalation. In my 2nd instalation of windows 7 (the current is the third one), I removed this partition using method 3 on this link http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/08/20/hack-to-remove-100-mb-system-reserved-partition-when-instal... http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/08/20/hack-to-remove-100-mb-system-reserved-partition-when-instal... but the results were the same, around 14 MB/s..

edit: yes, I formatted the drive during the instalation of windows. In this last attempt I even used hdderase before installing

Message was edited by: lmsilva

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I show my picture above to show that low 4k read caused by hardware/software.

Yes... I have reached good speed.

That was I do:

1. Install intel rapid storage. To bring new drivers to system. After it safe to remove rapid storage software.

2. Removed WD6400AALS drive

3. Update bios, load bios defaults

4. Set bios to AHCI

5. Restart, 2 times, Win 7 installed new drivers for AHCI and SSD. I think it is important to do this without any other HDD in system. Win 7 tunes sytem to SSD. You can also try to change SSD port. The point is to let win 7 reinstall new drivers and ssd.

6. Connect WD HDD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

this last screenshot was with the Gigabyte GA-55A-UD4 or the Biostar TP45i?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Windows 7 did not create that 100 MB partition in my install.