Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Current license not working for the Parallel Studio XE 2016

David_Eberly
New Contributor I

I received an email today that Parallel Studio XE 2016 is available (as part of my current subscription).  I have the license for the Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows.  When I try to activate using my current license file, I get the message "The license file provided is invalid."  I logged into the Intel Registration Center and provided the current serial number.  I get a message "Serial Number is no longer valid."  The license is valid until January 7, 2016 (the license file internally shows this information).  When I clicked on the email link that takes me to the PS XE download page, I see the text "The product updates/upgrades below are available based on your support subscription status." and the Version in the drop-down list shows 2016.  How do I go about getting the license file updated to cover PS XE 2016?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Did you check whether a new license key is displayed on the screen where you choose a version to download?  If so, you may have the choice of having a license file emailed, as well as using the activation key.

0 Kudos
David_Eberly
New Contributor I

I do not see anything on the page that says a new license key is available.  On a Windows 10 system and originally used Microsoft Edge.  I just tried Google Chrome and Internet Explorer in case there was a browser issue.  Same outcome--nothing about a new license key being available.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

I replied to your issue via Private Message. Your license was upgraded. See this article for more information:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

Regards,

Devorah

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos