Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

STL transform() tracing

TimP
Honored Contributor III

I was hoping to analyze a performance regression with transform() but when I isolate the case to a single C++ function, VTune says there are no Windows debug symbols created by /debug=inline-debug-info.  Is there a way to solve this, other than to write plain C code?  ICL seems to be reporting vectorization but it acts as if only the remainder loop is executed under a new ICL version.  I don't think it's worth submitting a supporttickets case when the problem can't be isolated and could be solved by avoiding C++.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

Could you provide more details about the problem, is it about viewing source for inlined functions?
 Where do you see the "debug=inline-debug-info" message? Screenshot or text output would be helpful.  

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

My apologies.  Upon review, I found an error in my VTune setup.  Upon correction, it runs perfectly and confirms my suspicion about performance regression being associated with the vectorized branch of a function being never taken.  It takes some getting used to changes in the organization of VTune menus.  So I can proceed to look for the site to submit a compiler associated problem report.

0 Kudos