Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

openSUSE 12.1 KDE install

Michal_Kvasnicka
Beginner
During installation of Intel Inspector XE 2011 Update 7 on openSUSE 12.1 KDE (64bit) I have got the following error message:

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 5: Cannot detect gtk library

and

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 5: The install program cannot detect
a gtk library on the system. The graphical user interface of the product
requires gtk version 2.4 or higher. Contact your system administrator to install
a compliant version of gtk or install the product on a compliant system.

Any hints or recomendation how to solve this issue?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michal_Kvasnicka
Beginner
After the installation I have got the following Warning message when I launch the amplxe-gui from the command line:

(amplxe-gui:14259): Gtk-WARNING **: /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2011/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)

(amplxe-gui:14259): Gtk-WARNING **: /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2011/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)

Is that only minor warning or any serious trouble?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This makes it appear (if you installed gtk to solve the problem you reported first) that something is wrong with the path used to find libstdc++.so. The latter would more properly by found on a path presented by an active g++ which must be compatible with the oxygen/gtk version you install, as well as with the glibc-devel which would be installed when you install g++ development system. If there is a libstdc++.so provided as a work-around in the amplifier for some specific version of linux, it appears that one may be useless on your system.
0 Kudos
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
liboxygen-gtk is the default KDE theme ported to GTK.

This warning should only cause some minor cosmetic differences (The icons in some menus and buttons in some dialogs will look a little different)
0 Kudos