Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

Integrating The GOP Driver With Slimboot

Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi.

We use the i7-1185GRE in a custom circuit board which is based on UP Xtreme i11 TigerLake.

"560647_GOP_Integration_Guide_Rev1p3.pdf" (obtained from Intel RDC) mentions:
"Integrate Vbt.bin and IntelGopDriver.efi files into the platform firmware image."

Instead of Vbt.bin & Vbt.bsf, Slimboot has Vbt.dat & Vbt.json now.

We found an IntelGopDriver.efi file for (RELEASE_VS2015x86). We have the following

questions:

1. Can we use this efi file in RELEASE_VS2019 ?

2. Is there a document that details the steps of integrating this efi file with Slimboot ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @Siddhartha,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You may check the document #788417 - Intel® Graphics Driver Production Version 101.4824 (PR20). Here you can download the zip file "Intel® HD Graphics GOP Version 17.0.1085 for TGL"

This release includes the RELEASE_VS2015x86, so, it may be best to use this efi file.

Also, in the VBT file, you can use the DisCon tool from the document #685687 and generate the .bin with the options you want, this is what the document #560647 mentions. 

I have not found any document about the efi implementation but you may check this link.

https://slimbootloader.github.io/developer-guides/ingredients-update.html

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi.

We managed to make graphics work on 2 Type C ports. But still no luck for our DDI port. So we will look at the DDI configuration.

If someone has seen this problem before, and has solved it, we request their advice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos