Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4881 Discussions

Driver for X520-SR2 Bypass Adapter

HHuyH
Beginner

I tried downloading the 24_4 driver as suggested by ark.intel but it didn't work.

It's HWID in windows Server 2019: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_155D&SUBSYS_00018086

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

I am reviewing the picture that you sent and there is no Intel Ethernet controller detected in the device manager.

Can you provide the brand and complete model of you board?

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

I have posted a picture of my product: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006eGdwSAE

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

I am sorry, I am asking for the brand and model of your motherboard or serverboard.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

I'm using HPE DL180 Gen 9, DL380 Gen 9, DL380 Gen 10.

I've try on PC with Asrock H110 DVS R2.0, ECS H61H2

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

Thank you for providing the information that I requested. We need to further check this issue so please give us 2 to 3 days to update you on this one.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

Okay, I look forward to it

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

We are still in the process of checking this issue, however while checking the picture of the card, we noticed that there's a non-Intel sticker in the back side of the adapter. Please confirm if your X520-SR2 Bypass Adapter is bundled from a server or appliance. If it was bundled, please provide the server brand model so we can help research if there's a possible modification done.

If you have questions, please let us know. If there is no update form you, I will make another follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

This is a product we purchased separately through FPT distributors. FPT is an official distributor of Intel in Vietnam.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

If you still have the box, can you provide the picture of the box and the bracket?

Kindly focus on the markings also of the box.

If you have questions, please let us know. If there is no update form you, I will make another follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

I lost the box :(

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

Thank you for the confirmation. We will continue to check this issue. Please give us 3 to 4 working days to provide an update on this one.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

Upon further checking, there are no publicly available drivers for the bypass NICs because these NICs were created for infrastructure and network appliance manufacturers and were never intended for general public use.

Having said that, we want to check if you are an end user, or this is for a commercial project that would benefit from a large investment of development?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
HHuyH
Beginner

Previously our company bought this product for R&D. But due to some problems, it has been in storage for a long time. Now we want to use but experienced people have quit.

Our company is Viettel, you can check our purchase history with FPT partners.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

Thank you for the clarification. However, just like what I have mentioned in my previous post. There are no publicly available drivers for the bypass Ethernet cards.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

I just want to check If you still have questions or clarifications regarding this inquiry, please let us know. If there is no update form you, I will make another follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello HHuyH,

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos