Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4877 Discussions

Intel I219-V VLAN blue screen

Betko
Novice

Hi.

I am having problems with I219-V VLAN tag. Whan adding a tag I get blue screen every single time., reason Bad_pool_caller.

First step I am adding new VLAN in VLAN tab from Intel Ethernet conection I219-V:

And when adding new VLAN tag, let's say 13 it crashes:

I don't even get a chance to press second OK in Intel window, it crashes right here. It says Configuring for two seconds, maybe tree and the blue screen. I can make it anytime I want.

I tried with versions 12.17.8.7 and 12.15.25.6:

I have Lenovo T470s. Any help would be gratefull.

Regards

0 Kudos
28 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the update and I am indeed sorry to hear what happened. Did you encounter this issue right after you installed the PROSet software 23.1? Please feel free to update me if you can boot up the laptop. Thanks.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

I am not sure what exactly happened yesterday. The boot loops happened after I tried to add a VLAN after installing the Intel PROSet software 23.1. The BSOD happened and then it just boot loops after that. Tried to perform recovery and every other things that I can think of but all failed. Thank God I have a full image backup of my Windows 10 with all its installed software and tools.

Due to that incident, is there any other ways of doing it Sharon? I was thinking of installing Windows 10 or Windows 7 in a virtual machine like VMWare but my concerns are:

1. Whether I can create the VLAN on the VM's network adapter?

2. Can the VLAN in VM behave similarly as compared to VLAN setup on the host machine?

I would appreciate any help or ideas on this matter.

Thank you.

Regards..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Thank you for the update and good to know you are able to recover the OS. Are you saying you want to install VMware on your laptop? I would recommend you to contact your notebook vendor for the compatibility prior to venture installing, you may check with Vmware about Vmware Workstation.

1) You can create virtual VLAN on the Virtual machines' network adapter

2) Can you clarify what you want to set up here?

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

Please feel free to update me and if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
RJaaf
Novice

Hi Sharon,

I actually has given up on trying to set up the VLANs on Windows 10 on my laptop. I, instead ended up in buying a 2nd hand older laptop running Windows 7 and with Realtek chipset network connector. The Windows 7 + Realtek adapter has no problem at all in creating the VLANs I needed desperately.

My problem is "considered solved" for now although I intended to still try to configure my current ThinkPad for the VLAN. Maybe I'll wait for a newer driver.

Thank you Sharon for your help!

Regards,

RamlanJ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ramlanj,

You are welcome and thank you for providing the update, and hopefully there will be newer driver suitable for your laptop for this setup. Thanks again for your time on this matter.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
YDone
Beginner

I had it on a X1 Carbon with 1803 and 23.2 (the only one which works with 1803 & VLAN)

Actually I had it anytime when I created an "untagged" VLAN - sometimes with tagged VLAN's, too.

Also at some time I had difficulties that the bad pool caller happend on boot. Disabled t / removed the adapter did help.

Remove the the "disconnected Hardware" with driver from the Device Manager helped. (think uninstall Proset would also help)

After Removing then Fortigate Client I could setup untagged Adapter flawlessly.

0 Kudos
SLübk
Novice

I have the same issue on my Lenovo P50. BIOS and driver is updated, but the blue screen still happens. Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos