Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Intel i225-V not raising the physical link over GigabitEthernet

mngxx
Beginner

Hello,

I just built a new system using an AMD B550 motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B550-i) which uses an Intel i225-V Ethernet adapter. I was very disappointed to see that the network card has such critical issues that it can't raise the physical link over Gigabit Ethernet.

Before we lose time with basic questions - as I'm a network engineer:

• I've tried both the driver from my mb's vendor website and the latest Intel driver
  • I'm using a Cisco Catalyst switch on the other end, which I can manually configure and use to test scenarios; from my tests, the link is not going up over gigabit ethernet in any case - Auto-negotiation enabled/disabled on both ends etc. The only way the physical link goes UP is when I manually set the interface on the Cisco switch to speed 100.
  • I've tried the same switchport and RJ45 cable with another host using a Realtek NIC - no issues there, link went UP on 1000Mbps
  • I've connected the Intel NIC to another device and set both ends to auto-negotiate, the link comes up only on FastEthernet

I can't tell you how disappointing it is to use FastEthernet in 2020, Intel....

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Engine
New Contributor I

i returned my board after talking to the vendor, who couldn't verify that i'll get a new one with b3 stepping, since they didn't get any information by asus or intel themselfes and are pissed af (big german pc part trader).
intel is dead to me as of now. cpu is amd, new nic is realtek. i can't listen to this pseudo native speaking bots anymore. this whole situation is something intel, their support team and their board partners should ne ashamed of. sucks to be bad at your job, doesn't it? 
i just recommend you to do the same, it was quite freeing to ship the old board back to the vendor.
i'm out of here. gl getting any real information until you run out of warranty or the lifecycle of the motherboard...

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We understand the frustration and we would like to apologize again for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Please be informed that LAN driver 1.0.2.6 in Windows Update has already been revoked. You will not receive Windows Update (LAN driver 1.0.2.6) notification moving forward. After further verification, it was found out that when 2 part ID is used, it can still deploy the driver on Windows Update and it will override any systems. For any future LAN driver release in Windows Update, we will only deploy with 4 part ID.

As a best course of action, we still highly recommend using the Asus provided OEM drivers as the final solution. We recommend contacting Asus for the drivers because they are still the best source of support for these OEM motherboards.  

We appreciate your patience and utmost cooperation while we were checking out the issue.  

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos