Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

OK, in doing some research, it seems I need the following software for Windows XP:

JSpit2
Beginner

Was speaking with Mike, and he did ask me to contact him if I needed more help, which is what I am now doing..

OK, in doing some research, it seems I need the following software for Windows XP:

Intel82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) Driver

Hopefully you can send me that file so I can get my IPv4 working using YOUR Internet hardware and software..

Hopefully you can send me that file so I can get my IPv4 working using YOUR Internet hardware and software..

0 Kudos
49 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The forum software can be a challenge for some...

Doc

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JSpit2,

Can you try to manually install the driver? Kindly follow the steps below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022174/network-and-i-o.html

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JSpit2,

I just want to check if you were able to install the driver manually using the guide?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
Mike, No. I couldn’t install the driver manually because your website has no Driver for Windows XP. This Computer came with Intel Network card built-in - and the Computer was made with Windows 7 on it. I put Windows XP on it because I like it way better than 7 - and 7 is gonna be history in a couple months anyway just like XP has been. I doubt if I can change the motherboard in this PC - to one with an Intel card that supports XP. So, I guess I am totally screwed because Microsoft and Intel both just want money for new stuff - and the heck with the old stuff.. As far as I am concerned - that is a sad situation, but, one I have to live with like thousands of others in this crazy high-tech world!! Oh well... Joe
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JSpit2,

How about the final release driver that I provided? Here is the link again:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18717/Network-Adapter-Drivers-for-Windows-XP-Final-Release?product=47620

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
OK, Mike - I am re-sending these again - this is what I got t from that PRO2K3XP_32.exe file I downloaded from the link you had given me below a week ago.. Like I had said, if you cannot see these screenshots attached, then something is very wrong with the Intel e-mail system. Maybe you will get this message - somehow I don't think you have gotten half of what I have sent to you Joe [cid:BF8855BEC05B43AD95B73C6E375DD93D@SHOPDESK] [cid:99443C80DB4B417AADE65E4D81FD6C1F@SHOPDESK] [cid:87C4F0E5D40447EFA077B3DECE13AC4F@SHOPDESK] [cid:FA6CE3BB05824EDD9237F8FBE6CC045F@SHOPDESK] [cid:C98028AEB9344DA88E7955064268370A@SHOPDESK] [cid:141B2AD418684A94BC2E572C7AF3FAEB@SHOPDESK] [cid:FAA45AA11EE6432196071A6825AB20CC@SHOPDESK] [cid:ECA349DFA7D74C218C9A5F5FF08D8DBF@SHOPDESK]
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use the ATTACH FILE paper clip that can be found just below the tool bar when you want to attach files.

Doc

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
I see NO Paperclip in my e-mail - which is Windows Live Mail by Microsoft... So, I have attached YOUR paperclip SEE to this message - if you don't get it - then, that’s not my problem... Have a nice day!! [cid:A5D656F190ED429A862393CD98297968@SHOPDESK]
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Stop talking about email. There is no email. Do not use email, whether Microsoft's or any other. Just use the REPLY button on this thread in the forum. I showed you exactly where the paperclip was on the forum when doing a reply. Why you are attempting to use email is beyond me.

Now, I have to ask, with someone like you who insists on using obsolete software, what browser (and version) are you using? Please do not say IE8 or anything silly like that.

Doc

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
Intel Community - more like Intel Stupidity - tell you what - you can take your products and stick them where the sun does not shine!! No wonder a friend of mine quit working for Intel - couldn't take the STUPIDITY of it all!!
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner

I am using Maxthon Browser - Version 5 - so there...

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner

This has got to be the DUMBEST way to try and communicate - and you people who are using it have no clue what MODERN Technical programs ARE!!

One picture at a time - geez.... TOTALLY STUPID!@!@!

If you have ever helped anyone - that would be called a MIRACLE!!!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Enough with the insults. Once more, and you will be reported to the management.

Now, I suggest that you get on a current OS, current browser, current email client, using current hardware, and stop with this attitude. You feel you can criticize the forum software and purport to know what MODERN technical programs are, yet you are stuck on an OS from 17 years ago.

This forum helps many, many users with issues. Of course, the help is for those that are not on obsolete hardware and software, as I told you in the beginning of this thread.

Doc

0 Kudos