Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4888 Discussions

PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter Issue

idata
Employee

Its Hello there,

Just the other day, about 4 days ago, I installed a brand new PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter after experiencing issues with the ethernet adapter built into my motherboard.

Well the same problem happened to the PRO/1000

Basically, when i boot my PC, the network connection icon in my system tray shows a yellow triangle icon over the usual image that would appear should the connection work fine.

I have to do troubleshooter, reset my router a few times, and it can sometimes take like an hour to get it working. It resets the Local Area Connection and at the end of the first troubleshooter says that the LAC has an invalid IP configuration.

My friend and I have tried so much, downloaded items from the download center here, tried reinstalling drivers, but to no avail.

When i try run "PROWin32.exe", the windows 7/vista Network Adapter Driver, i get an error message saying there is no intel adapter on my system

I installed the card perfectly, and windows installed some drivers, and theres nothing the product CD has helped with.

So investigatively, i use the system identification utility on the intel support site. and see this;

WIRED NETWORKING INFORMATION

Wired Networking Productnot detectedDriver Version6.208.729.2008Driver StatusDevice is unknown or unsupportedIntel PROSet Versionnot detectedHardware IDsPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8167&SUBSYS_0E10105B&REV_10

I've tried everything i could possibly think of, and nothing works whatsoever.

Windows Device Manager shows the PRO/1000 under network adapters

I cannot afford to reinstall windows however, because i cannot lose Microsoft Office, i have no further licenses remaining and quite frankly haven't got the money to go buying it again.

I hope someone is able to help.

Thanks in advance

Chris

1 Reply
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Chris,

The network adapter information below is not an Intel device, so my guess is that is the information on the built-in network connection.

The Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter is supported through a driver that comes with Windows 7. There is no Windows 7 driver available for that adapter that you can download. I suspect that Windows is not seeing the Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter at all. I am not sure why you are having this trouble, but I can think of some things for you to try.

Because you are having trouble with the built-in Ethernet connection, you should disable that connection in your BIOS. Maybe keeping the built-in connection enabled is causing you some trouble in using the Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter. You should not have to disable the built-in connection to use the Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter, but I think you should try it anyway.

Try installing the Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter in a different slot to see if the adapter gets detected.

Of course, there is always the possibility that you purchased a defective adapter. If nothing else works, I would return the adapter to where you bought it for a refund.

I hope this information is helpful.

Mark H