Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4891 Discussions

i210-AT: Is there an option "Speed Up Megabit Link Down Delay" as a counterpart to the Gigabit one?

callback
Novice

Hi Intel community

The controller I210-AT is being sold as ideal for industrial automation.

For the controller's functionality of fast link-down detection there's a setting "Speed Up Gigabit Link Down Delay". This can be found in the I210's data sheet, e.g.: 333016 - I210_Datasheet_v_3_7-2.pdf, p. 564.
So is there also a "Speed Up Megabit Link Down Delay" setting for megabit operation? I can't find one in the data sheet.

Or is that mode maybe included in the "Speed Up Gigabit Link Down Delay"?

I wonder if this functionality is deliberately kept to Gigabit operation and the reasons for that or else where it can be found/set.

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irwan_Intel

Hi callback,

According to our next level update, We do not have the function for Megabit for the available mode "Speed Up Gigabit Link Down Delay" in the datasheet.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies
callback
Novice

Has nobody got an answer to this question?

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi callback,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Apologies for the delayed response. I have escalated you query regarding the option for Speed up Megabit Link Down Delay setting in i210-V adapter to our next level and still pending their feedback.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

Irwan_Intel

Hi callback,

According to our next level update, We do not have the function for Megabit for the available mode "Speed Up Gigabit Link Down Delay" in the datasheet.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

callback
Novice

Hi Irwan

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you inquire the reasoning behind the setting being supplied only for Gigabit and not for Megabit as well?

As far as I can tell it would only make sense to implement either both or none of them.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi callback,

I'm sorry for the delayed response, I was checking your query thoroughly with the next level. Unfortunately, we don't have the information you're looking for because the product was launched almost 12 years ago. As for the settings, you may need to test it on and verify accordingly.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concern.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

callback
Novice

Hi Irwan_Intel

Thanks for forwarding my inquiry.

It's a pity there's no more information on the background of the decision to only include the Gigabit speed.

I wish you all the best.

Kind regards

0 Kudos